Chapter 101 - The Dreadful Class

There was only one word I can say to describe the Prefect bedroom — It was spacious. The whole room was adorned in the colours of emerald, silver, and black. The bed, desk table, armoire, and other furnitures were all made of dark oak that complemented the colour scheme of the room. There was also a huge standing mirror next to the armoire, and I could just imagine how Pansy would've loved to have one as we had, on more than one occasion, squeeze to see our reflection on a single narrow mirror at the room I used to share with them. The floor to ceiling windows also gave the room a green tint of light from the view of the Black Lake, but thankfully, the numerous candles made it look a lot less sinister.

It wasn't as big as my room back in Silvermade Manor, but compared to the room I used to share with Pansy and Daphne, it was more than enough for just one single person, or maybe even five. It was almost worth all the responsibilities a Prefect would have to shoulder. Almost. Because I still was not delighted with the fact that I had to do patrols and keep an eye on my fellow Slytherin students at all times. Add to the fact that Prefects have some sort of reputation of being a too uptight with rules, not that I am, but it sure does come with the heavy badge that was still pinned on the chest of my robes.

I sighed in exhaustion as I took a much needed shower. After that, I managed to unpack my things despite the constant yawning that I was doing. I threw myself on the large bed that was pushed back to the wall of the room, and soon I was lightly snoring.

***

I woke up early the next day, a bit excited to start my day. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth. I got dressed in my uniform and Slytherin robes, not forgetting to pin the Prefect badge on my chest. It still felt heavier than it should and I highly doubt that would change anytime soon. I grabbed my class schedule from the desk, quickly putting in the books I would need for today's classes. Then, I went out of the room and rapped a knock on Draco's door. There was no answer so I figured that he was still sleeping. I turned the knob to find it unlocked and slowly opened the door.

The inside of Draco's room was the same as mine, and then my eyes landed on the bed. There was Draco, curled on his sides, sleeping peacefully. I gingerly put one foot inside, testing to see if there was any invisible barrier that might prevent me from entering too, but there was none. I figured that the school must've thought that the girls are more trust-worthy than the boys, that is why there was a need for a barrier on the female Prefects' room and none for the male Prefects'.

"Draco." I gently nudged him awake, but his only answer was a grumble.

"Draco, wake up." I tried again. Still, he did not budge.

I was nudging him with much more force when he decided to raise his arm and pull me towards him by my shoulders. I landed on his chest with a thud.

"I can get used to this." He whispered against the top of my hair.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. I stood up and straightened out my robes.

"Quit pretending to still be asleep." I said. "We've got classes."

Draco opened one eye to squint at me, a sly grin forming on his lips. "I knew you'd wake me up."

"Well, consider this to be the last." I said with a hint of annoyance. "Get up. I'll see you with the rest at the Great Hall for breakfast."

He stretched his arms above his head just as I was about to leave his room.

"Good morning, Y/N." He called out as he sat up on the bed.

"Good morning." I replied. "Now, get up! Seriously."

Draco's chuckles was ringing behind me as I closed his doors.