Chapter 55 - The Letter for Help

"Dragons?!" I exclaimed. "Are they out of their minds?! And nesting mother dragons at that! They're extremely dangerous because they're protecting their eggs!"

"Y/N!" Harry hissed. "Any louder and the whole school would know what the first task would be!"

It was the next day, and the three of us are in the Great Hall after lunch, talking about the things Harry learned about last night by order of importance, according to Harry, and they were quite plenty;

1. The first task is Dragons. Charlie Weasley and other dragon-keepers from Romania had apparently brought four dragons with them for the tournament,

2. Igor Karkaroff was (or is) a Death Eater,

3. Bertha Jorkins, whose disappearance we've heard about twice during the summer, went missing in Albania — where He Who Must Not Be Named was last spotted. Sirius is also worried that he might be making his move to make sure of Harry's demise,

4. Cedric is the only Champion who doesn't know about the Dragons as Karkaroff and Madam Maxime had seen them too,

5. You can apparently Floo Network just your face, just as Sirius did to talk to Harry,

And least important, although the most entertaining of all,

6. Hagrid fancies Madam Maxime and that the Dragons were some kind of date, and Harry had third wheeled them.

It was honestly an overwhelming amount of information, and I could see Harry struggling to arrange his thoughts.

"Despite all these very disturbing things we've learned, I think we should just try to tackle them one at a time. And right now, Dragons are in Harry's immediate future. On Tuesday kind of immediate future." Hermione said. She looked obviously distressed as well. "We should go to the —"

"The Library." Harry and I said in unison. For the first time in weeks, it was the only time we willingly went with Hermione.

We had pulled out every single book we could find that had something to do with dragons, there was a huge pile of books at the end of our search and we quickly scanned through all of them to find anything that might be of help.

"The only useful information I read was that dragons have really thick skin that only the most powerful spells could penetrate." Harry sighed. "Sirius said I only need a simple spell, but that's impossible. I saw dozens of dragon-expert wizards last night and they were all struggling to keep those dragons at bay! Especially that Hungarian Horntail."

"Well, we should check general spell books." Hermione suggested. "Maybe it is really simple. They wouldn't only allow a wand if that wasn't the case."

"I feel like my wand will be nothing but a strip of wood." Harry frowned. "If Voldemort wants to kill me, then he could just sit back and relax, let the dragon do the work for him on Tuesday."

"Harry." I hissed, wincing at the mention of the name. "This is no time for your sarcastic remarks. We have to find a way for you to get past the dragon."

I was raking my brains and scanning the texts of the books furiously, trying to find anything useful.

"It's hopeless. All these books are just for nutters like Hagrid who's obsessed with dragons." Harry said as he flung a book that's titled Husbands Who Loves Dragons Too Much: A Guide On How To Convince Your Wives To Keep Dragons At Home.