Chapter 63 - The Ghastly Dress Robe

On Saturday morning, none of us could keep our eyes open as we got ready for the day. I had stayed up way past curfew with Pansy and Daphne, as Daphne relayed to us what happened after she walked out of the Great Hall and Blaise had followed her.

"Well, he caught up to me and he pulled me in a broom closet." Daphne had said, which made Pansy and I grin at her knowingly.

"We did not shag." Daphne pointedly said. "Initially I thought he was going for that too, so I tried to escape, but Blaise held my face and basically forced me to look at him in the eye whilst he confessed."

Pansy and I gaped as we continued to listen to her.

"Anyway, he went on this somewhat rant apologizing for being an arse, and for starting our relationship with casual shagging, and that he wants to take it seriously this time because he really likes me. He said he wants a proper relationship with me." Daphne had a huge smile on her face as she blushed.

Pansy and I squealed in glee for our friend who was obviously over the moon about her relationship with Blaise.

"And you said you did not like Blaise!" Pansy laughed as she pointed at Daphne accusingly.

"Well, I was too embarrassed to say I liked someone who slept with hoards of girls and only saw me as one of his conquests!" Daphne protested.

"But that's not the case at all!" I grinned at her. "Blaise dearly likes you."

"You think so?" Daphne asked, her face turning red.

I nodded eagerly. "Positive."

"You'll be going with Blaise to the Yule Ball then?" Pansy grinned.

Daphne nodded as she blushed. Pansy squealed loudly. "I'm going with Dean too so we can double da—"

Pansy and Daphne looked over at me carefully, stopping mid-sentence, probably worried about what I felt being the only one without a boyfriend nor a date to the Yule Ball.

I shook my head at them and chuckled. "You four really should double date."

"You can come, then we'll go as a group instead. But we're certain Draco will ask you to the ball." Pansy grinned encouragingly.

Daphne nodded. "Yeah. He sure will."

"I did ask him who he's planning to go with." I smiled weakly at them. "He said he'll ask someone he likes."

"And that would be you!" Pansy exclaimed.

I laughed at her. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

"You'll see. You'll be walking into the Great Hall on Christmas Day hand-in-hand with Draco." Daphne giggled along with Pansy.

I kept quiet, but I would be lying if I said I didn't expect Draco to ask me, because honestly who else would he ask? I'm pretty much the only girl he's close with aside from Daphne and Pansy, and even then he doesn't stick around Pansy and Daphne as much as he does with me.

All signs point to us inevitably going to the ball together anyways, even though it might just be as friends for him, but that was better than not going with him at all.

I smiled to myself as I held onto that thought.

So, the night was spent with the three of us talking non-stop about the Yule Ball, about how on earth we'll find decent dresses for the dance since Gladrags at Hogsmeade doesn't sell dresses fancy enough for a ball, and a whole lot of other things that caused us to yawn and rub our eyes during breakfast the next morning.

The way we were sitting at breakfast was quite unusual to me at first. I used to always sit between Daphne and Pansy, but now Daph was next to Blaise, and Pansy is at the Gryffindor table — she and Dean were taking turns in sitting at each other's house tables — so I was stuck in between Theo and Draco who were continuously grumbling about the upcoming dance lesson with Snape and McGonagall.