Chapter 64 - The Lack of Courage

One week ago, I was slightly confident that Draco would ask me to the Yule Ball, but now that a full week has passed and there was only ten days left before Christmas Day, I was feeling extremely foolish for being even a tiny bit complacent.

Pansy and Daphne's constant question of "Has he asked you to the ball yet?" was of no help either to the growing anxiety I had. Draco's nonchalance about the Yule Ball makes it all much worse too.

I had made up my mind that if Draco does not ask me to the ball within today, I would just have to pluck up the courage and do the asking.

To my great dismay, it was already four thirty and the day is about to be over, and Draco and I have yet to even talk. Today was the last day of the first term and we've been busy with all the work our Professors had given us, which mainly consists of lecture reviews and notes revisions.

It's been relatively easy for the other courses, even Transfiguration much to our surprise, but we had been too early in rejoicing, because two hours ago we walked into the Great Hall for the last class of the day which was Potions, and even though that much time had passed, not a single student had left yet.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin fourth years and above were having a joint revision for Potions that was why the Great Hall was used due to the volume of students present, and every single one of us had our eyebrows knitted as we scanned our notes and books. My brain had been melting as the letters jumbled while I read. I was squeezing out every information I could remember that were not included in the book, but I was just getting a headache and no recollection at all. I sighed and decided to rest my mind, looking around at everyone at the Great Hall.

I opted to sit next to Harry, Ron, and Hermione figuring out that Theo's whining would deem too distracting for me if I sat with the rest of my Slytherin friends.

My eyes caught Fred and George who were just a few spaces from where I was sitting. The twins have been throwing notes to the two boys, and they were all making animated hand gestures to each other. I was curiously looking on as Harry and Ron chatted quietly.

Suddenly, Professor Snape passed behind them and hit their heads with the notebook he was holding. The two winced in pain as I tried to stifle a laugh.

"Stop laughing." Ron hissed.

"Well, that's what you get for being distracted." I chuckled quietly. "What did Fred and George's note say anyways?"

"They asked to borrow Pig." Ron said. "But he hasn't come back from the delivery."

Ron was talking about the letter Harry sent to Sirius that night of the First Task.

"They keep writing to someone, don't they?" I mused.

Harry nodded. "Yeah. We asked about it but they asked us to keep our noses out of their business."

"Should you really be concerned about Fred and George right now?" Hermione whispered to Harry and Ron. "You haven't finished your revisions, and I'd also like to remind you that you haven't done your antidotes perfectly either. You do know Snape threatened to poison a student just to see if our antidotes are perfected."

Harry rolled his eyes. "I'd willingly get poisoned by Snape if it gets me out of going to the Yule Ball."

"Still peeved about having to dance?" I asked.

"More than the dancing, I'm having greater difficulty in finding a partner." Harry scowled.

Ron sighed. "This is mad, honestly. At this rate, Harry and I will be the only one in our year without a date."

"And you as well, Y/N." Harry said teasingly. "Maybe Neville too."

I rolled my eyes at him but did not say anything.