Chapter 89 - The Minister for Magic

I walked with Harry, Dumbledore, and Sirius, in his Animagus form, out of the Headmaster's office and down a flight of stairs to the Hospital Wing.

When Dumbledore pushed open the door, I immediately saw Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron, and Hermione grouped around a very harassed-looking Madam Pomfrey.

All of them whipped around as we entered, and Mrs. Weasley let out a kind of muffled scream.

"Oh! Harry! Y/N!"

She hurried towards us, but Dumbledore moved to stand in between.

"Molly." He said as he put one hand up. "Please listen to me for a moment. Y/N and Harry has been through a terrible ordeal tonight and they had just relived it for me. What they need now is sleep, peace, and quiet.

Dumbledore now eyed the rest of them. "If they would like you all to stay with them, you may do so. But I do not want any kind of questioning until they are ready to answer, certainly not this evening."

Mrs. Weasley, whose face had gone all white from worry, nodded hesitantly. She then turned to round up the rest.

"Did you hear? They need peace and quiet!" She hissed.

"Headmaster." Madam Pomfrey said as her eyes travelled to the large dog beside us that was Sirius. "May I ask what —"

"This dog will remain with Y/N and Harry for a while." Dumbledore said simply. "I assure you, he is extremely well-trained."

Dumbledore then turned to me and Harry. "I will be back as soon as I have met with Fudge."

I felt a sense of gratitude that Dumbledore had asked the others not to question us. The thought of explaining a third time, and the idea of reliving it over again, was more than what I could stand.

Dumbledore left and Madam Pomfrey had led Harry and I through the ward where the beds were. On my way, I saw Cedric lying on a bed, while his parents, both slept on a chair. I saw Harry stare at Cedric lying peacefully, his chest rising and falling slowly as he slept. Harry's face turned into an expression of great relief and he smiled a little to himself.

"How is Cedric?" I asked, my mind going back to the information that my blood had apparently resurrected him from death.

"He is all right. I've administered a Sleeping Potion to him to let him have some peace." Madam Pomfrey said.

Harry and I also caught sight of the real Moody, lying motionless in a bed at the far end of the room. His wooden leg and magical eye were on the bedside table, next to his bed.

"Is he okay?" Harry asked Madam Pomfrey.

"He will be fine."

Madam Pomfrey led us to our respective beds and handed us pyjamas. She then pulled on the screens as we changed out of our blood stained clothes. Afterwards, Ron, Hermione, Bill, and Mrs. Weasley came around, followed by the large dog. Harry and I got into our own beds just as they sat on the chairs that surrounded us.

"Are you feeling all right?" Hermione asked from beside my bed.

"I am." I said. "Just really tired."

Mrs. Weasley came around my bed and Harry's and started smoothing the blankets that covered us unnecessarily, her eyes were filled with tears but she did not say anything.

Madam Pomfrey, who had bustled off to her office, returned holding two goblets and a bottle of some purple potion.

"You both need to drink this." She said as she poured the potion into the goblets. "It's a potion for a dreamless sleep."