Chapter 34 - The Irish and The Bulgarians

I brushed the dirt off my clothes as everyone stood on their feet. Fred and George were grumbling about Cedric being a show off when they noticed he didn't fall down on the ground like the rest of us did.

One grumpy and tired-looking wizard came forward to Mr. Weasley and Amos Diggory.

"Hi, Basil." Mr. Weasley greeted. He picked up the old boot and tossed it inside a box filled with junk that the wizard was carrying. Probably used Portkeys.

"Hi, Arthur. Amos." He said back, bowing a little to the two. He took out a parchment list from his pocket and scanned it with his eyes. "Your campsite's a quarter of a mile's walk from here, Arthur. Diggory is right next to yours."

There were collective grumbles and moans from the rest of us when we heard that there was more walking to do, as Mr. Weasley and Amos Diggory thanked Basil.

We walked across the field of grass, and after about twenty minutes we reached a gate with a man standing by it. I was pretty sure he was the only real muggle in the vicinity since he was dressed more rationally than the rest of the wizards there that were trying their hardest to pass off as muggles, but were miserably failing.

Mr. Weasley and Amos Diggory went off to talk to him, bringing Harry along with them.

Cedric Diggory was suddenly by my side as I stood there waiting.

"Hi again." Cedric said.

I was a little startled. "Hello."

"Couldn't recognize you until Mr. Weasley introduced you to my Dad. You look different again, Y/N." He said.

"Your eyes..." He trailed.

"I know." I sighed, already getting tired of people mentioning them.

"You look different every year. Last year it was your hair, this year your eyes. Is it intentional? Trying to mix things up?" Cedric asked.

I tried to suppress a frown. "No."

"It's a thing that happens to my father's side of the family. The hair of pureblood Silvermades turn silver when they reach a certain age." I explained. "My eyes changed colors because of that too."

"Oh." Cedric mused. "Pity. I really liked your blue eyes."

I felt a tick of annoyance as I resisted the urge to glare. "Sorry if my new eye color doesn't suit your preference then."

Cedric frowned slightly. "I didn't mean it like that."

I just nodded at him and didn't say anything.

"Either way, you look beautiful." Cedric continued.

"Thanks." I said dismissively.

"I'm surprised to see you with the Weasleys, along with Harry Potter and Hermione Granger." He said.

"Why is that?"

"Just that you're a Slytherin...and well, aren't you friends with Malfoy? Doesn't he hate them?" Cedric asked.

I frowned at Cedric. "Just because I'm friends with Draco doesn't mean I can't be friends with the Weasleys, and Harry, and Hermione."

Cedric looked embarrassed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Sorry, I keep saying the wrong things. I just wanted to have a chat with you, that's all." Cedric smiled sheepishly.

When I didn't say anything, he continued. "Ultimately, I just wanted to say that it was great to see you."

"Nice to see you too." I replied curtly, then walked off to Hermione and Ginny to prevent any more awkward conversations.

Mr. Weasley, Amos Diggory, and Harry came back with a map in their hands. Mr. Weasley pointed to a spot where we are to put up our tent and we all walked towards the area.