Chapter 32 - The Burrow

I closed my eyes like I usually do when I travel via Floo Network, since the whizzing images of fireplaces from all over the world gives me a headache when I keep them open.

At last, I felt myself slowing down and the ground getting steady beneath my feet. I braced myself as I put force on my legs to make sure I stood upright. But that effort was for naught since Hermione landed on my back, making me fall on my elbows in front of the Weasleys' kitchen fireplace.

"Sorry." Hermione said as she stood, pulling me up.

"It's alright." I said, brushing off the soot and dirt from my clothes. I raised my head to see eight redheads in front of me, five of which I know, standing beside Harry.

My eyes traveled around the Weasleys' home for a moment. The kitchen was mixed with the living room just adjacent to it. There was a wooden table with eight chairs and a large window that overlooked the vast greenery outside. It was tiny compared to Silvermade Manor, and it was a bit cluttered. It seemed cramped with all of us here, but it had an air of coziness and warmth to it. It felt just like a home. There was just no better way to describe the feeling.

"Welcome to the Burrow, Y/N! So nice to finally meet you, dear!" A short, plump, kindly-looking woman with fiery red hair came to engulf me into a hug as if I was her own child. This must be Mrs. Weasley.

"Thank you for having me, Mrs. Weasley." I smiled at her.

"Hi, Y/N!" Ginny said to me, who also went in for a hug.

"You've changed so much over the summer! Your eyes!" She gasped after she had given me a look up and down.

I smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I know. Nice to see you too, Ginny."

I haven't really talked much with Ginny since she was a year below us, but I was friendly with her whenever I see her around Hogwarts.

Two of the other redheads that I haven't seen in person before, but figured was Ron's older brothers since I remember catching a glimpse of them in their photo on the Daily Prophet last year, stepped forward to shake my hand as well.

"Hi, I'm Charlie Weasley."

Charlie was built like Fred and George were but was short, totally different from the rest of his siblings that were tall and lanky. He was only slightly taller than Mrs. Weasley who was the smallest out of all of us.

"Y/N Silvermade." I said shaking his hand.

"You're related to Alfred Silvermade?" He asked.

I nodded. "He's my father."

"You look like him, with the silver hair and all. Except for the eyes." Charlie said as he looked on at me curiously. "Mr. Silvermade makes great donations and contributions to our study of dragons in Romania and he visits every so often to check them out." He continued.

"Well, my father is an avid fan of dragons." I said.

"Bill." The other redhead said to me, extending his hand.

I looked up and almost couldn't stop staring at how handsome he was. Bill was tall, and lanky, and had red hair that was tied in a ponytail. He had one fang earring dangling from his ear which made him look a lot cooler.

"Y/N...I um...nice to meet you." I looked down, forcing to stop a blush creeping on my cheeks as I shook his hand. I can hear Hermione giggling beside me.

Ron groaned. "Everyone's been starstruck by Bill."

"Can't help it. He's cool-looking." Ginny grinned proudly at Bill, which made the latter chuckle.