Chapter Eleven - Is she okay?

Vera

Lando looks at me, I see question marks all around his head. I don't know what to say, I know Lynn well and I know she has a past with panic attacks. Normally I know what has been triggering her, but as of right now I have no idea.

Lando and I are the only ones left, and we both don't know what to do or say. We are just staring at each other. Normally it would have made me feel uncomfortable, but not tonight. Not with him.

"Do you think Max can calm her down?" Lando asks me. "I hope he does, if they are not back within 10 minutes, I will go take a look at them". I have never felt so helpless, Lynn told me a few times about her panic attacks, but I have never seen her have one in this kind of situation, I would have no idea how to calm down again.

"Let me get your mind of this, Lynn and Max will both be fine! Shall we dance?" Lando asks, but before I can answer the question, Lando takes my hand and turns me around. We both walk to the dancefloor. The timing is just perfect, once we hit the dancefloor, they start playing a slow song. Just the kind of music that is just perfect for slow dancing. "May I take this dance?" Lando asks. "Yes, you may sir!" I answer him. What a gentleman he is!

He puts his hands at my hips, and I put my arms around his neck. "I love this song!" I say to Lando as the DJ puts on Another Love by Tom Odell. He starts looking at me, "So do I!". I put my head on his shoulder and I succumb almost when I smell his parfum again.

We have been dancing for a few minutes, but it felt like hours. In a positive way I mean of course.

A few songs later I lift my head of his shoulder, I look in Lando's eyes. Our faces are getting so close I can feel his breath against my skin. I look at his lips and back to his eyes. I see a shimmer is his eyes, I know that he wants to kiss me, and I want to kiss him. Our lips scratched each other when I feel Lando turns his head away.

Lando

"Dumbass! Why didn't you kiss her?!" I say to myself. This was just the perfect moment, and you blew it.

I look back at Vera. "Well, that was close, wasn't it?" she says while she chuckles. "Yeah, you are right, I'm sorry" I say. "No don't worry, it's good to know we are on the same page. This would have been way to soon" she says back. We both laugh, I'm happy she thinks the same way.

The DJ his timing is on fire tonight. As soon we came out of our moment, he switches the music back to up-tempo. Vera and I start dancing on the beat. Although, I wouldn't call my moves dancing.

One of the songs they play is Friday by Riton. "It's Friday then. Then Saturday, Sunday (what?)....... It's Friday again. Then Saturday, Sunday, what?"  I sing a long as I grab Vera's hands. 

Minutes go by, it is almost an hour later since Lynn and Max left. I hope they are doing okay. "Hey Veer, they have been gone for almost an hour already. Maybe we should check on them." I say to Vera. She nods. When I want to take her hand to go to the bathroom someone taps me on the shoulder.