Chapter Seventy - Missed out

Max

"... do you want to be my girlfriend?" I ask her as I see she has been fallen asleep. I smile, even though it kind of ruined the moment we shared. This means I get to pick another moment to ask her to be mine, I think I will use the date I have planned for asking this question again.

I am still not tired, even though it is around 3am, so I decide to plan that date. The date I have in mind doesn't need a lot of preparations. I will take Lynn to one of the most beautiful and private places here in Monaco. I think a campfire is something she will like. The only thing I need to do is make a playlist of music, look up some recipes, shop some blankets and pillows, and go grocery shopping. "Maybe I need to ask Vera and Lando to take her out as an excuse for me to prepare. I'll tell Lynn I need to do some calls for my sponsors or something" I say to myself. The thought of how this date will be makes me smile. I look down as I see Lynn is still very much a sleep. I feel my eyes getting tired now as well. Slowly I move Lynn's head of my shoulder so I could pick her up, just like I did in Kirchberg. Only this time she doesn't wake up when I lay her in bed. I pull the duvet aside so I can pull it over her again when I lay her down on her left side.

Once she lays properly I walk to the other side of the bed and lay down as well. I position myself right next to her, so I can cuddle her. This is just what I need to fall asleep, as I close my eyes not even ten seconds after it.

Lynn

It is the next morning as I open my eyes. The last thing I remember is sitting on the couch with Max. He probably has moved us both to his bedroom when I nodded off. I want to sit, but something is holding me down. I see Max has cuddled up next to me and is arm is around my waist. If he weren't Max I wouldn't have wanted it. But with him, it just feels right. I slowly push his arm aside, so I can get myself out of bed. I look into the mirror, and I don't think I have ever looked so pretty when I just woke up. I open the door and walk to the living room; memories are coming back of the night before. It is just so weird how comfortable we are together, and we don't even know each other for a month. I don't know how many times I have said that, but it is just the truth.

Nobody is awake yet and I don't mind the silence, it is time to process everything that has happened the last twelve hours. Me and Max having an amazing time together, Kelly coming by, the sea and the hospital, the talk, Mario Kart. It sounds like the happenings of three days. I feel much more comfortable knowing the whole story now, last year I would have still feel doubts after hearing such a story. Max is different, everything feels different.

After half an hour I hear someone walking into the room. I look behind me and it is Max. I walk towards him and give him a hug. "Good morning" he whispers as he gives me a kiss om my cheek. "Hi" I say softly as I feel my cheeks burning up. "How did you sleep?" I add to it as I let him go softly. "As an angel because of you" he answers. "Me too" I say as I look into his eyes, and he looks into mine. A moment of silence again.

Max

"So, what do you want for breakfast?" I ask her as I ignored the moment which could have let us to kissing each other again. It has been a while since we properly kissed, but I just don't wake take advantage of her feelings right now. Last night is something we both need to process the upcoming hours.

"Maybe we can go outfor breakfast? My treat!" she responds. "Sure thing! I know a perfect place.Let's get changed so we can leave in twenty minutes. I need to be back homearound twelve for some meetings, after breakfast you and Vera can take sometime exploring the city?" I say to her. "Okay, I will text Vera when we are onour way" she answers.