Chapter Ninety-four - What happens in the air, stays in the air!

Lynn

I have goosebumps all over my body, my vision is getting blurry. Did I hear that right? I close my eyes, shake my head, and try to get my vision back. Max is stroking my cheek with is thumb. "Hé, did I say something wrong?" he asks me. "I don't know. I thought I hear you say something like that you want me now. did I hear that right?" I answer him.

Max takes moves away from me and get off the bed. His face turned red, he really said that and trough my answer I pushed him away and make it an awkward situation.

I get off from the bed as well and walk to him. He is pacing around, just like he had done multiple times before in Monaco. "Look at me" I say softly and put my hands on his shoulders. He keeps staring at the ground. "My eyes are a little higher" I say laughing. I see a smile is forming on his face. It's a little smile, but enough to make the situation a little less awkward.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean it that way" I say once he looks at me. "I thought I was dreaming. I should be ashamed; it was a stupid question to ask. We have been here twice before" I add to it.

Max

"Don't be sorry. I shouldn't have taken it so personally. But the fact you thought you were dreaming says enough doesn't it" I reply to her with a little smirk on my face. I put my hands on her hips and start moving them side to side. Lynn moves her hands around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder.

We are standing there for what feels like, twenty minutes. After five minutes I asked Google if she could put on some romantic music. At that moment Lynn was kind of shock what this room had to offer. She doesn't even know the half of it!

After those twenty minutes I let her go and open the mini fridge. "What do you want to drink?" I ask her. "Max! This suite is even more luxe than my whole house" she says chattering. "That wasn't an answer to my questions, miss."

"I am sorry sir. What is it you can offer me?" she asks. "At the moment I can offer you some soda, water, or champagne. I can say out of experience, the champagne is quite tasteful. I recommend it to all of my guests." I reply to her and show her the mini bottle of champagne. "You talk highly about your champagne; how could I refuse?" she says walking up to me. "Could you grab me two glasses? The right cabinet" I say her. She opens the cabinet at grab two plastic champagne glasses. "Seriously, you have all this and can't afford real champagne glasses?" she says teasingly. "Budget was tight, needed to make compromises! Come here with those glasses, so we can pop this bottle"

Lynn

Max divides the champagne in both of the glasses. The bottle is perfect for two decent glasses. We walk back to the chairs we have sat in when we took off. "Cheers! To us!" we say together and cling our glasses, while looking in each other's eyes. You know what they say, otherwise seven years of bad sex.

I take a sip of my glass and Max was right. It was really tasty. And after a few minutes, I remember why I normally don't drink champagne. I feel that the urge for physical touch grows after every sip. After three sips, I can't refuse the urge. I empty my glass in once, or what is left of it. I stand up and go sit on Max' lap and press my lips on his. After a few seconds he pushes me away a little. I feel rejected. But he does the same as I did a moment before, espying his glass as well. He moves his hand behind my hand to push me back to him. Our lips touch and immediately I feel his tongue looking for mine. His tongue touches my bottom lip and I open my mouth wide enough for him to enter. Our tongues find each other and slowly Max is pulling my shirt of my body. He then moves his hands to my waist and grabs me tightly. He stands up to move us to the bed. He lays me down and removes his shirt as well. With my finger I follow the edges of his abdominal muscles. He comes back closer and kissing me deeper than he did before. I feel is fingers strolling down to the top of my jeans. He unbuttons my jeans and gently removing them from my body. It reveals my black lace lingerie. He looks pleased with what I am wearing, and it isn't even that special. After he is done watching me, for the moment, he unbuttons his jeans as well. Only taking them of don't go that smoothly. I laugh due to see him struggle. After a minute he comes back kissing me, he starts at the edge of my panties slowly up. I moan when he is kissing my sensitive spot in my neck. Once he touched my lips again everything went fast. Before I know my bra and panties and Max' boxer was thrown to the other side of the room. And I don't think I need to explain what happens next, do I?

Marc

Seeing Sophie again, remembers me of the time we spend together. We have grown so much together, even when I look back. We were young and unexperienced in how to love another human being. It remembers me of the lyrics of the song Verliefd Zijn [To Be In Love] of the Dutch artist Guus Meeuwis

Het was zeven jaar geleden midden in Parijs. Onder aan de trap van een oud paleis. En ik keek in jouw ogen en jij in die van mij. Een enkele seconde en toen was het al voorbij. Maar die seconde werd een dag, die dag die werd een maand. Die maand die werd een jaar en toen pas kusten wij elkaar. Voor de allereerste keer, daarna niet zoveel meer. Je hield nog wel van mij maar onze liefde was voorbij. Want verliefd zijn is veel leuker. En makkelijker dan. We waren veel te jong toen. En wisten niet van houden van.

[It was seven years ago in the middle of Paris. At the bottom of the stairs of an old palace. And I looked into your eyes and you into mine. A second and then it was over. But that second became a day, that day became a month. That month turned into a year and only then did we kiss. For the first time, not much more after that. You still loved me, but our love was over. Because being in love is much more fun. And easier then. We were much too young then. And didn't know love.]

Somewhere, deep down, I know there is still some love towards Soof. She was my first love, even though it was toxic. I didn't realize it was toxic until a few years after we broke up and I met Petra. I see now that I didn't support Sophie in what she loved most. She couldn't participate in any kind of racing and when she did, we had a huge argument about it. We didn't spend much time outside the apartment and didn't have any other friends besides each other.

I think even when we didn't do all these things, we weren't good for each other. We both didn't know who we were as a person, and we were too lost in each other. Too depended. Every fight was made up with sex and after it we didn't talk about it again. It wasn't healthy. However, we could have been friends. Actually, I thought we could have been. But after she left, our contact left as well. She went back to doing what she always has loved doing and she was surprisingly good at it.

We both met someone else, and I was happier than ever before. I hope she was too. Seeing her as a mum, even grandma, looks good on her. Fate has brought us to the life we are living today, and we should be grateful for it.

Petra's and mine relationship didn't get of the right foot right away. It wasn't love at first sight. After graduating I moved to Amstelveen, where I got a job offered. I grabbed my belongings and moved away from Maastricht to an apartment in Amstelveen, which was part of the company I am still working for actually.

Petra and I met during one of our nights out, we had some common friends, but didn't meet each other before that. I instantly liked her, but she thought I was too weird since I grew up in the South of Holland and Amstelveen is north. I don't know why, but the northern people think people of the south are a different human being. Besides the different accent, we are quite the same. It doesn't matter, I was able to change her mind about me.

We started dating officially in November 1998. We went out for dinners, golfing, road trips, city trips, to the movie theater, etc. Totally different than with Sophie. We spend more time outside, than in one of our apartments. It was nice to still have our own spaces. Slowly getting to know each other better and better.

One year later we moved in, in my apartment since she graduated in the summer of 1999. We lived together for around a year before we went looking for houses. In March 2000 we moved into the home we bought together. September that your I proposed to her, and she said yes! In September 2001 we got married and on our honey moon we found out we were expecting out daughter Vera. I don't think we were ever happier than in that moment.

In May 2002, Vera was born, and we were on cloud nine. I finally had the family I had been dreaming of since I was young. I always knew I wanted to be a dad. And with Petra that wish came through.