Chapter Ninety-six - Parents meet up

*January 5th, 2022*

All of the parents, except Lando's, are meeting today to discuss the upcoming trip of this weekend. They have two days to sort everything out, before they are expected at the residence they booked on the way to the airport. Sophie is in charge and makes sure the trip will be organized as well.

Unfortunate, Vic and Thom are not able to join. A work trip for Thom has come in between and Vic doesn't feel comfortable to make the trip all by herself with the kids. They are still recovering of last weekend with all the impulses. Sophie had asked max manager if he was the weekend of, there were some interviews planned. But he was kind enough to reschedule, he thought it was good for him to be with his family this weekend.

Sophie

The doorbell rings. That must be our guests! I walk to the front door and unlock the door. "Hey guys! Welcome to my home." I greet Petra, Marc, Louis, Maria, and Jos. "Thank you for the invite" Petra answers and she smiles. I gave everyone a hug and asked them nicely if they could take off their shoes.

I guide them to the living room and let them find a seat for themselves. "Does anyone want something to drink?" I ask once everyone is seated. The women want some tea and the men coffee. For myself I get a glass of water.

I put everything on a tray and walk back to the living room. I put everything on the table with some cookies and chocolate. "Please help you self" I say once everything is off the tray, and I walk back to the kitchen to get rid of the tray.

Once I am back we have a little small talk about Monaco and the few days since we have been back.

"Okay guys, back to business. There is a lot to sort out. Does anyone have something in their mind for activities?" I ask the group.

"Maybe it is obvious, but I think everyone would like to race a kart of something" Jos says immediately. Of course, that is the first thing he can think off. The others seem to agree with the idea. "Okay, that will be the activity for Saturday. Shall we go out for dinner after it?" I ask.

"It is nice to gourmet with the whole group. I can imagine that racing the entire day can be extremely tiering." Maria says. "You are right, I will take a set with us. Who has also a set?" I ask the rest of the group and Maria and Louis said they will bring one with them as well.

"For the Friday, at what time are we expected to be there?" Louis asks. "From 12pm. I can be there around 2pm. Shall we say that everyone else will be their around 2.30pm? So, I can check ourselves in?" I answer his question. Everyone looks at their partner and nods.

"Okay, that is a reasonable time. We can do an Escape Room in the evening? I have found a nice one that we can do with all of us" he adds to it.

"That sounds fun!" Marc answers. He always liked riddles, so no surprise from him either. "Okay, check for Friday as well. And we could give the kids the Saturday night and Sunday off. Quality time was the main reason we planned this trip." I end the meeting.

Maria (Lynn's mum)

That went faster than expected. Sophia had already arranged for the groceries to be delivered around 3pm on Friday. So, nothing more to do. I walk to Sophie to help het with the lunch in the kitchen. She is making some sandwiched and she has a lot of choices.

We have made around twenty-five sandwiched, with five diverse types of toppings. I place them on the table with some plates aside. Sophie gets something to drink for everyone and then it is time to eat.

After about twenty minutes all the sandwiches are gone. Everyone must have been hungry. Time to clean everything up. I walk back with the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I don't know how she does it, but she has a dessert. "You have out done yourself" I say and chuckle. "I couldn't resist. Belgian chocolate mousse is Jos and my favorite, and I craved it!" she responds.