Chapter Eighteen - We meet again

After waiting a few minutes Lando finally arrives at the restaurant. They get inside and looking for a table with a nice view. They decide to go sit at a table with view on the entrée of the restaurant, so Max will see when Lynn and Vera arrive.

Lynn

Today is a good day, I feel better than I expected. The only thing I can think about is Max. The idea of seeing him again makes me smile. I look at my phone when we are back waiting for the lift to go up again. It is 12.30pm. So, one hour left before our date. "Is this a date actually? Or just a meet up?" I ask myself. I hope it is a date though. I like Max and I know Vera likes Lando. We haven't talked about this, but we know each other too well. I decide to send Max a text.

Lynn: I hope you had a great morning! Thanks that you convinced me to go today, I'm glad I did. It really takes my mind of things. We just went down for the first time today; we are now waiting to go up. See you soon!

I wait a few minutes to see if he responds. But after ten minutes I put my phone away. "I see him soon either way" I say to myself.

I start to become nervous while is see the restaurant getting closer. I look behind me to Vera and sign I want something to eat. We will be right on time for our appointments with the boys. "Same place?" I ask Vera. "Sure, let's go!" she says. I hope she thinks this is a nice surprise. She must be happy to see Lando again!

While walking to the entrée I look at the window to see if I recognize any familiar faces. I'm startle when I see Max looking my way. I don't know how quickly I must look away. Vera is walking in front of me, so I don't think she saw me looking at Max. That would have ruined the surprise.

Meanwhile, we hang up or coats before we walk into the eating space. The waiter asked for our name. We thought that was weird as they didn't ask for our names yesterday.

Not so long after I see the waiter is guiding us to the table besides Max and Lando. I look Max in the eyes, Lando is sitting with is back to us.

It seems Vera doesn't see the boys, that's good! Vera takes a seat to sit with her back to Max. This works out perfectly!

Max

When I sat down I saw Lynn texted me, I smiled when I saw she has a good day. It made me happier than it thought. When I saw Lynn and Vera walking to the restaurant, I felt really relieved. I'm glad Lynn and Vera made it on time! I try to hide my smile; I don't want to ruin the surprise for Lando, as we are so close to succeed.

When Lando and I got here, I went to the bathroom first. All though, that is what Lando thinks. I walk to a waiter and ask him if he could guide two girls named Lynn and vera to a table close to us. So, when Lynn and Vera came in, that is just what he did.

Now we are sitting here, waiting to surprise Lando and Vera. Lynn and I discussed some options to do it, it depended on the actual situation which one we would choose.

"Hey Lands, we only got one menu. Do you mind asking the people behind you if you can lend one of them?" I ask Lando. "Oh, don't bother, I will give you mine in a sec" he answered.

That wasn't how it was supposed to go, so I try to ask him one more time. "Please? I just can't wait to pick something out! I'm just so hungry". "Not my problem, you should have eaten more this morning. But because you are my best friend, I will do this for you" he says a little irritated.