Chapter Twelve - Going home

Max

I never expected this to be the reason for her panic attack. I feel bad for her now. I shouldn't have put my hands on her shoulders. "I.. I'm sorry" is all I can say right now, I don't know what else I could say. "Why?" she asks me, but before I can answer someone comes walking into the bathroom. We look at each other and get up of the ground. She splashes some water in her face to cover her red eyes. When she is done, I take her hand and we walk out of the bathroom together. "Maybe that isn't the best place to talk about it" I whisper to her and take her back to where Lando and Vera were when we left. When we are almost there I see them dancing on the dance floor.

I put my hand on Lando his shoulder and he turns around. He is a bit confused, but I ignore it and just say to him "Let's bring the girls home". Lando just nods, we get our jackets and walk outside.

The girls automatically start walking in the direction of their hotel and Lando and I follow them. Lando is walking next to Vera, and I am walking next to Lynn. I really want to put an arm around her to make her feel safe, but after what just happened, I am not sure if it is a good idea.

Lynn

Max is a bit nervous around me not knowing what he can do or not. Somehow when he was holding me, during my panic attack, I calmed down. No one except my mom and Vera ever was able to do it. I guess somewhere deep down I feel safe around him. I let go of Max his hand which he hasn't let go since we walked out of the bathroom and put my arm around his waist. He looks surprised at me first, but then puts his arm around my shoulder. I walk closer to him and let my head rest on his shoulder. I really do feel safe with him. "You okay?" I hear Max asking me. I walk a bit slower so we are a little bit more behind Lando and Vera so they can't hear me. "Yes, I'm okay. Thank you for what you did. It really means a lot to me" I respond to him looking at him. He gets a smile on his face, and we look into each other's eyes. I gave him a kiss on his cheek and whisper in his ear, "Thanks again, I don't think anyone else would be able to calm me down". Max blushes a little and we start walking a little harder to catch up to Lando and Vera.

Vera

It was a weird, but good night out; it ended a little abruptly. I don't mind as we still have 5 other nights to try again. It was lovely to meet Max and Lando tonight, especially Lando. I feel some flutters in my stomach again. "Oh Lando, what are you doing with me?" I start asking myself.

We almost kissed and I am normally not that kind of person who wants to kiss someone on the first night out. But Lando is different, good different. He makes me feel good and safe. Like nobody else achieved to do the last few years.

"I had a lovely night tonight! I hope we can do this again soon!" I say to Lando while we get back to the hotel. "So do I! I'm sorry that I ruined our moment though" he says sadly. I take his hand and say "Hey don't be sad, it's okay. I'm glad we didn't kiss, that something I normally never do. Kiss someone on the first day we met". He smiles at me, for me the sign he is glad he didn't ruin the thing we had going on. I'm not sure what to call it, so we call it our thing for now. Hopefully we will know more what we have going in the coming days.

Lando

I feel so relieved when Vera told me I didn't ruin the spark we have. I would have killed myself if I did. The only thing I want is to get to know her better! And I'm sure I will get a chance to do it.

"Where are you girls staying actually?" I ask here. "We stay at the Kroneck Hotel, just at the end of the road. In which hotel do you guys stay?" she responded.

"That is close by the apartment we are staying. Max' family do have an apartment here; they came here since he was little" I answer her question. "You are kidding?! How fancy is it?" she says excited. I don't really know how to respond without telling her about our careers. "Nothing special, big enough for the two of us" is the only thing I came up with to say without lying.

A few minutes later we arrived at the hotel, it was time to say our goodbyes. Just for tonight, we will see each other soon! I see Max and Lynn give each other a hug; they became closer after the incident. That is one thing we all know for sure.

I start looking at Vera, I don't know what to do. "Good night, Vera!" I say and hold up my hand to give her a fist bump. She laughed "Good night clumsy!" and she gave me a hug and kiss on my cheek.