Chapter Twenty-nine - She stays with me

Max

I open up my eyes and see Lynn is still asleep. It is 3am as I look at my phone. I see I have received a message from Lando.

Lando [sent at 23.30pm]: Max, I decide to stay at Vera's. See you tomorrow!

Max [sent at 3.02am]: "👍🏻"

Perfect timing! Lynn can stay the rest of the night with me. As I try to stand up, I lift Lynn's head a bit. "Do you know how beautiful you are" I whisper. Even tough, she won't hear me, I just needed to say it.

I need to get Lynn in to one of the bedrooms. "I think it will be better as I lay her in my bed, and I will take Lando's" I say to myself. I turn Lynn a little so I can lift her up. She isn't that heavy, so that makes it a lot easier. As I carry her to my bedroom and lay her on the bed I see her waking up.

"Hey, you! We fell asleep during the movie. It is 3am, so you stay here to get some rest. You can take my bed; I will sleep in Lando's just across the hallway." I say to her softly. She nods, "Thank you" she says softly. "Do you need anything to sleep in? I can get you one of my shirts if you want?" I ask her. "Yes please, that is way more comfortable than this" she says as she laughed.

I walk to my closet and get her one of my Alpha Tauri shirts. I wish I had packed something not F1-related. But this will do. "Here you go" I say to her. I will let you change" I say as I walk out of the room. I waited a few minutes till Lynn was done. She opened up the door, standing in the Alpha Tauri shirt. It looks amazing on her. "How do I look?" she asks. "Tired" I responded. We both started to laugh. "Let's get some sleep, we both need it" I say to her. "Sounds like a plan. Thanks for letting me stay in you room" she says.

"No problem, I see you in the morning. Good night" I say as I give her a hug. "Good night Max' she responds as I walked down the hall to Lando's room. I look back and give her a wink.

Lynn

I close the door and lift up the blanket, so I can crawl under it. The sheets smell like Max. It feels like I'm home, how weird that may sound. When I've found a nice position to sleep, I close my eyes and fall asleep immediately.

The light in the room causes me to wake up. I still feel tired, so I put the blanket over my head. I try to snooze a bit more, but my head won't let me sleep a second longer. When I start to wake up a little more, I realize I need to pee really bad. But I don't know where the bathroom is. Nothing is more awkward to ask where the toilet is on you first date. Or does this count as our second date? I don't know. But it will still be awkward.

I get out of bed and look to myself in the mirror. Wow, this won't make me win a beauty contest. I walk into the hallway and open he first door next to the room is slept in. I open up the door and luckily it is the bathroom. I walk in and splash some water in my face to wake up a bit more. I clean the leftover of mascara of my face. Looks way better.

A few minutes later I walk up to the living room. To my surprise Max is already a wake. "Good morning sunshine, how did you sleep?" I hear him say. "Great, a little short, but that is fine. How did you sleep?" I respond. "Good to hear. I slept well, thank you. Hungry?" he says. "I'm famished!" I say as I laugh.

"Good, I have made some sandwiches, pancakes, and some fruit salad" Max says.

"It looks amazing, you shouldn't have done this. This is almost more than my hotel offers at breakfast" I respond. "I'm a morning person, so I like to spend my time usefully. I love taking care of others, so it is a small effort" he says as he smiles. "Coffee or tea?" he added to it. "Tea please" I say shyly,

I'm not used to be treated like this. Normally it is the other way around. I'm glad Max is not like the others. He is special.

After breakfast I go back to Max' room to get changed to the clothes I wore yesterday. "I think I will go back to the hotel. To get myself ready properly" I say to Max. He nods, "See you in 1,5 hours? I still need to teach you how to snowboard" he responds. "I'll text you. See you in I bit" I say as I give Max a hug again.