Chapter Eighty - The Bracelet

Vera

After we talked for a while I went back up to my room and got changed. I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair when I hear someone knock on the door. "Come in" I say and hear him enter. "Where are you?" I hear Lando ask and tell him I'm in the bathroom. "Heyy" "Heyy" he responds. "So, I have an idea" Lando starts while leaning against the doorframe. "Tell me" I say excited. "How about just a day with the two of us in the city, Max and Lynn can have some alone time together too" he suggests, and I nod immediately. "That's an amazing idea" I tell him. "Great I will get changed and then we can leave" he says, and I nod, walking into the bedroom again, grabbing my purse and phone and leaving the room so Lando can change. I walk to the living room and see Max and Lynn laying on the couch in each other's arms. "You will have the apartment for yourselves lovebirds, Lando and I are going to explore the city for a while" I tell them. "Have fun" Lynn says, and I walk to the kitchen leaving them alone.

Lando

Even though I knew Vera would say yes, I'm still kind of nervous. Today is the day of the date I have planned back I the UK. I really hope she will like it. I quickly get changed and text my friend if everything is organized for tonight. I have some things planned and got help from a friend who lives here in Monaco. I almost immediately get a respond that everything is prepared and put my phone in my pocket. I take one last look in the mirror, check if I have everything I need and walk to find Vera. I walk into the living room and see Max and Lynn on the couch. "She's in the kitchen" Lynn says, and I thank her and walk to the kitchen. "Ready to go?" I ask her and she nods. "Let's go" she says. We quickly say by to Max and Lynn and then leave the apartment. "So, I want to take you somewhere" I say to her while I take her hand and lead her towards the car. We get in and I start driving out of the city. "Where are we going?" Vera asks me and I just keep quiet. "Are you really not going to tell me?" she asks, and I still keep quiet. "Fine" she gives in and looks out of the window. I look at her and admire her beauty before looking back at the road again. I put my hand on her thigh and she quickly looks at me and smiles. I smile back and we continue the drive in silence. After about half an hour we're driving through the mountains with an amazing view at sea. "It's so beautiful" Vera says while looking outside at the view. "Yeah really beautiful" I say looking at her without her noticing. After another 15 minutes I park the car and we get out. I take her hand and lead her along a beautiful path which had the amazing view over the city and sea. I can see in Vera her eyes how much she loves this which makes me really happy. We walk for about an hour, talking about everything and nothing, before we stop and watch the view for a bit. We sit on a rock and Vera leans against my chest and I have my arms wrapped around her. After a while I take one of my arms back to get something from my pocket. "Can you close your eyes?" I ask her and she closes her eyes. I hold the box in front of her. "You can open your eyes" I tell her, and she slowly opens her eyes. "What is this?" she asks me while turning so she is sitting in front of me. "Open it" I tell her and watch how she opens it with a big smile.

"Lando this is amazing" she says when she sees the bracelet

"Lando this is amazing" she says when she sees the bracelet. It is a silver bracelet with a snowflake and a few little diamonds. "You like it?" I ask her and see she gets a tear in her eye. "Heyy, what's wrong?" I ask her, while wiping the tear away. "Nothing, it is so beautiful, thank you." She says while giving me a hug. "Why did you get me something?" she asks me. "I wanted to give you something to remind me of the time we met, so a snowflake because we were snowboarding" I explain to her, and I see she gets more tears in her eyes. I pull her close to me and give her a hug.

Vera

"They are happy tears, I promise" I tell him. I feel overwhelmed with everything. It is so thoughtful of him, and I absolutely love it. "Can you help me?" I ask Lando handing him the bracelet so he can put it around my wrist. After he puts it on my wrist I give him a kiss in his cheek thanking him again and turn around again so I can lean against his chest again. He wraps he arms around me again and we keep sitting in silence admiring the view for another while. "

"We have to leave"Lando says after and I look confused at him. "Why?" I ask him. "We havesomewhere to be" he tells me, and we get up and walk back to the car. Wherewould we have to be? I think to myself, but decide to just follow Lando and notask any questions as I think won't answer them anyway.