Chapter Sixteen - Breakfast 2/2

Lando

I turn off the shower dress myself in something comfy. I take my McLaren hoodie out of the closet with some grey sweatpants. Hopefully Max will be happy to not see me walking in my underwear today. I laugh, "I'm just crazy for let him get inside my head" I say to myself while I look at myself in the mirror.

When I walk past Max' room I listen if I hear some noises. It is still very quiet on the other side of the door. I'm starting to get hungry, so I decide to make some breakfast already since it is already 8am.

I investigate the cabinets to look at the groceries which Max had bought yesterday. As I'm a little hungover, I just crave something sweet, like pancakes. Lucky for me I got everything I need.

I prepare the batter and put a pan on the fire to get warmed up. Almost 30 minutes later I have baked 20 pancakes. Maybe a bit much, but who cares.

I start walking to Max' room. I knock on his door and wait for a response. "Yes, mate?" I hear him say. I open the door a bit and say, "I made breakfast, wanna join me?". "Be there in a sec!" he responded.

While Max walks in the dining room, I'm already eating my second pancake. "You just couldn't wait, did you?" he says while he kicks my leg. I almost chocked because some piece of pancake got stuck in my throat. "Sorry, I'm up for four hours. I was just so hungry. It was hard to wait to eat while baking the pancakes.". Max smiles, "I was just joking bud" he says.

I have eaten eight pancakes; I don't know if the hangover is making me nauseous or I just had to many pancakes. While breakfast Max was so occupied with his phone. He barely ate anything, two pancakes I believe. "Is there something going on? You haven't said a thing during breakfast." I ask him while cleaning the table. "No, why would you say that?" he answers. I think he knows the answer already, but I don't mind speaking it out loud. "You didn't eat a thing and your phone seems to be the most important the last twenty minutes". He knows I'm right, but he is just too stubborn to admit it.

Max

I'm just so relieved Lynn responded to my text. I know I should tell her how I got her phone number. Hopefully she will not be angry.

She makes me feel different, everything seems to be irrelevant compared to her. I'm glad we will meet up later today during lunch.

During breakfast Lynn and I keep texting each other. I am so consumed by our conversation, that I don't even realize that Lando is sitting in front of me.

"I'm sorry mate, I just didn't sleep well. I kept thinking about the things that happened last night" I say to Lando. "Me neither, I just kept thinking about the bad shape Lynn was in. You know how bad I feel when I see someone that sad." He responded.

"If you only knew, if you just only knew what was going with her last night." I say to myself. It feels wrong that I can't talk about it with Lando, but I promised her. I just can't break our promise.

"Shall we give snowboarding another chance today?" I ask Lando. "Yes please, I promise I will do better!" he says. "I will take you up on that promise" I say and wink.

I'm actually not looking forward to teaching Lando again. But it would be for a good cause, because I will see Lynn today. A few more hours, I can handle it.

"Okay, let's change into something warmer and gather your thinks. I don't think we will be back soon. Be ready in twenty!" I jell to Lando as he is already back in his room. "Almost faster than a F1-car" I chuckle while talking to myself

After twenty minutes I'm waiting for Lando in the hallway. "Hey Muppet, your time is up" I shout to Lando.

A few seconds later he is standing right beside me. "Sorry, I just lost track of time. I was watching some memes on TikTok about Carlos and me" he says while showing the memes. We both laugh while we walk out of the door. "Today will be a good day" I whisper to myself while standing in the elevator. "What?" I hear Lando say.