Chapter Fifteen - Breakfast 1/2

Vera

Lynn hasn't said anything after she woke up. It is 9.30am and we are at the breakfast room. She doesn't eat anything she got from the buffet. She seems to be quite busy with texting someone. She still doesn't know that I know who it is. "Who is texting you?" I ask her. "You going to laugh when I tell you "She responded. "Try me!" I say when I smile at her. "It is Max, Max of last night" she says.

"Wait really? I didn't know you guys exchanged numbers yesterday?" I try to say as shocked as I can. "I didn't know it either, maybe I drank too much and don't remember. Last night feels kind of a blur after I ran off to the bathroom" I hear her say.

"You still didn't tell me what happened yesterday? Do you mind explaining it to me? I felt kind of helpless when I saw you ran off. I have never seen you like this" I ask her. She nearly chocks on her coffee.

She looks at me, I see in her eyes she wants to tell me, but isn't just ready yet. "Don't worry, tell me when you are ready! Let's talk about the planning of today! What do you wanna do?" I ask her.

I see some sparkles in her eyes. It seems she kind of already made plans. "I see you have something planned already. Let me guess, Max?" I say to her.

Lynn

I have been texting with Max since I woke up. When we left the room for breakfast I think I was just so occupied with Max. It is so sweet how he looks after me since we don't even know each other.

Max: You are joking right? How could I ever have nightmares about you? Haha

You're welcome, dear, I'm glad I could help! Thanks, you are too sweet!

You should be skiing today. Trust me it will get your mind of thing! We can meet over lunch. Same place as yesterday?

I don't want to, but his offer is tempting! "Let's do this, it will be fun!" I say to myself. Then I respond to Max' text:

Lynn: Sounds good! I love to spend more time with you 😊.

Don't say anything to Lando yet. I know how Lando looked at Vera yesterday. It will be a nice surprise for them. So, they have some quality time together as well. 13.30pm at the lunchroom? How does that sound?

When I sent the message, he read it immediately. I get nervous when I see he is typing. "I don't have anything to be nerves about, right?" I ask myself. A few seconds later Max responds on my text.

Max: Looking forward to it! I won't say anything. See you soon 😉. - X

While I read the text I start to blush. I see Vera looking at me. I have never been good in hiding my feelings, so she probably doesn't need any explanation. While she asked what the planning will be, she knew Max would be part of it. If she would even now what Max and I had planned for her and Lando. She would feel the same as I do.

I smile, "Yes Max and I will meet up later today! By the way, I'm not hungry anymore. Let's go to the slopes!" I say to her.

She looks at me with that face. You know that face when someone things you have lost your mind.

"I thought that you didn't want to go to the slopes today?" she asks. "I changed my mind." I responded while I walked out of the breakfast room.