Chapter Four - Time for a break

Vera

"That wasn't that bad, was it?" I ask Lynn. For her first time she did fine, I was surprised how well she did. However, we have been skiing for 4 hours, so it's time for a break!

"I know a really nice lunchroom where we always went with my parents, it's my treat as you did so well this morning!" I shout to Lynn.

It's a small place, on the edge of the slopes, where they serve typical Austrian plates. I ordered a kaiserschmarrn and Lynn ordered currywurst mit pommes.

When they brought our food, two boys came inside and sat next to our table. I winked to Lynn and signed to them. They are HOOOTTT!

Lynn

Veer knows this place too well! I didn't recognize anything form the menu; German wasn't my best language at high school. Good for me that Veer knows me better than I know myself. She ordered currywurst mit pommes. It didn't look good, but MAN it was delicious!

While we were eating, Veer kept signing to the boys next to us. She is right they are hot. "Please stop, before they see us looking" I demand her. I'm just not ready to meet someone new yet. Veer just wants me to be happy and I know she is doing it with the best intentions. But no! I need to prioritise myself this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Max

"Lando come on, it isn't that hard" I scream to Lando after he fell for the millionth time. In the beginning it was still funny to see him fall, but it is getting really annoying that he isn't picking up on it yet. "Oh, shut up, it is harder than you make it look!" Lando yelled back at me. I'm waiting for him at the restaurant so we can eat something. When Lando finally arrived we walk inside and see there is only a table available. On the table are already two girls seated. I look at Lando and we decide to sit at that table too, hoping they won't recognize us. We talked a bit and I saw them looking at us a few times, so I really thought they recognized us, but I'm happy they just let us do our own thing. I ordered the currywurst mit pommes and enjoyed my food, while ignoring the the girls.

Lando

"I don't think they know who we are" I whisper to Max. A huge relief for us both! I look at the menu and I didn't understand what they were saying. I'm known for being a picky eater. I want to know what one of the girls is eating, so I try to ask her in German. 'Enskulidung I habe uno vrage, was ist that for food?'. The girls and Max start laughing. The girl answered back "Good try! Hahah. I ordered Kaiserschmarrn, it is good. It tastes like pancakes; you should try it!" she answered. I feel a bit ashamed and my head start becoming red. "Sounds good, I think I will order that too" I replied and smiled.

That was awkward, I don't think I left behind a good impression.