Chapter Sixty-two - Off we go

Lynn

We have sat in the car for over an hour right now. I have been following the sign above the road to find out where we are going, it looks like we are going north. After twenty minutes we take the exit road to Lelystad, where we wait a few minutes until the traffic light turns green. The signs tell us that the center of Lelystad is to the left, but we go to the right, towards the airport. I look at Vera if she has any idea what this meant. She shrugs. "Mom, Dad where are we going?" I ask my parents. "Be patient, it won't be long now" my mom answers. I take a deep breath and try not to get excited; I think we are going to catch a plane! But how can we catch a flight as this isn't even an airport to be flying to other countries?! "This is a private airport" I say to myself.

Not long after the short conversation I had with my parents, we arrive, indeed, to Lelystad airport. From far away I see a plane waiting, I try to find out what the plane looks like, it is dark grey with orange details and a lion on the backside. "Is this plane form who I think it is?!" I scream in myself and try not to get too excited. Since I got home, I have been googling Max as I can't follow him on any social media until March. Pinterest has been one of my favorite apps as well, as I can privately scroll through all the pictures of Max without someone noticing. One of the pictures was Max standing in front of THIS plane. I don't want to get my hopes up, but what are the odds.

I grab my phone to find that specific picture and show it to Vera. "OMG! Lynn, that is amazing if it is what you think it is!" she says as soft as possible, which isn't that soft as she gets overly excited as well.

My parents notice the excitement in our eyes, "Surprise girls!" my father says as we are getting closer to the plane. The closer we get, the clearer it is to see who is standing in front of the plane, Max and Lando! "This can't be true!" I keep thinking. Once my dad turns off the car I don't know how fast I need to get out of the car and run towards Max, I practically jump into his arms and wrap my legs around him. "God I missed you. I hate not talking to you!" I say to him. "I have missed you too" he says as gives me a kiss on my cheek. I blush and look into his eyes, his beautiful eyes.

Vera

When the cars stop, and I see Lando I don't know what to do. Seeing Lynn this happy makes me happy too, I know how hard it was for her not speaking to Max, I guess she was a little jealous of me and Lando as we kept contact during the week when we parted. But, I haven't talked to Lando today or yesterday. So, I am scared it will be awkward between us. But seeing him standing there, I feel my heart flutter.

I slowly push the door open and get out of the car, I walk towards Lando as our eye's crosses. Instead of me running towards him, he runs towards me. I fasten my steps as we fall into each other's arms, and I just know everything will be all right.

After a few minutes we let each other go and Lando grabs my hand. We walk towards Max and Lynn who has been standing, hugging each other since Lynn ran out of the car. I look behind and see Lynn's parents looking at us with a big smile.

"Hey Lynn" I hear Lando say as she looks up and let go of Max. "Hi Lando" she answers as she gave him a hug. Max and I do the same.

"Ready to go on a trip?" Max says. "Hell yeah! But where are we going exactly?" Lynn asks. "Monaco" I hear Lando say. I look to Lynn and we both scream. "You boys are amazing!" Lynn and I say together as we give the boys a hug again. "I think it time to say goodbye to your parents and don't forget to thank them for helping to plan this trip" Max says to Lynn. We both walk back to the car, where Lynn's parents are still standing. "Thank you so much for this surprise!" we say to Lynn's parents as we say goodbye to them.

After out goodbyes, we got into the plane. As the surprise of taking us to Monaco isn't enough, that decorated the whole plane as well. Little pillows and blankets are laying on some of the seats, just to make the flight more comfortable.

Ten minutes after we entered the plane, we took off. It will be a 2-hour flight to Monaco, so we have plenty of time to catch up. Max and Lynn are sitting in the front of the plane as Lando, and I are sitting in the back. It feels good to have some more privacy, because somethings don't have to be heard by other people.

When the seatbelt-sign turns of, I hear Max taking of his. "Time for some champagne" he says as he grabs four glasses. He pours us all a glass, "Cheers, to an amazing trip!" he says. "Cheers!" we all say as we are clinging our glasses.