Chapter Sixty-three - Welcome to Monaco

Max

I don't think time has passed this quickly during a flight. Lynn and I have been cuddled up the whole flight as we caught up. We talked about Christmas and how we have been since we said goodbye to each other. It feels so good having her close with me again.

Around 12.30pm we arrive in Nice. We walk out of the plane while our suitcases get transported to out next transportation. As I left my car at the parking lot of the airport I grab my keys. I walk to my Ferrari 488 Pista, which only has two seats. As Lando doesn't live in Monaco yet, I arranged a rent car for Lando to drive around, which we need to pick up first before we can leave for Monto Carlo.

We walk to the office to grab Lando's car keys, he is assigned a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT. I put the suitcases of the girls in Lando's car, he has obviously the bigger car between the both of us.

At 1pm we finally are on our way to my apartment. Lynn is sitting next to me, staring outside. "Are you okay, Lynn?" I ask her. It takes some time till she responds, "Hmm.." she hummed as she looks at me. "I asked if you are okay" I repeat as I have a big smile on my face. "Yeah, I just can't believe I am here, with you" she says softly. "Is that a good or bad thing?" I say as I give her a wink. "Good of course!" she answers, and she grabs my hand and put it on her thigh. As she does this, I know she wants to let me know she is comfortable being here with me.

After a thirty-minute drive, we arrive at the apartment building. I drive into the parking garage to park my car. I have a few private parking spots left, so Lando is able to put his car down there as well. "Stay put" I say to Lynn as I open my door and step out. I walk around the car to open the door for her. "What a real gentleman you are" she says as he grabs my hand and steps out as well. Because my car is incredibly low, Lynn almost tripped while getting up. I catch her just in time, before she could hit the ground. She looks up and I look at her, our eyes crosses again. I feel my head and hers getting closer to each other. It feels like everything arounds us has drifted away and we are all alone. Just before our lips touched, Lando drives in and presses the honk. And so, our moment gets interrupted, again.....

Lando

Vera and I have been talking a lot during the flight, it felt good being with her again and see her laugh at my jokes. We have just been sitting across from each other, unfortunate not as close as Lynn and max. But I know our time will come, we just have to get comfortable with each other again and I don't want to push her.

After we arrived at the airport and arranged a car, we took off. I connected my phone with the Bluetooth so we could have a car sing along. We put on some old pop songs as we almost scream with them, instead of singing. I feel good that we can act like this with each other. We don't feel embarrassed, that is the first step of trust within any kind of relationship. The rest will follow as the time comes.

We arrive a few minutes later after Max and Lynn, at Max' apartment building. As I drive in the parking garage, Vera and I see them both standing really close to each other. "Honk" Vera says, and I push the honk on my steering wheel. We both laugh as we just ruined their moment. I park my car besides Max' car, turn it off and we both get out of my car. "You are an idiot; do you know that?!" Max says a little irritated. "That wasn't me mate, it was Vera's idea" I respond looking to Vera. "Sorry guys" she says as she still has a big smile on her face. She just has the most beautiful smile.

I open the trunk and grab the two suitcases out of the car. We walk to the elevator to get up to the 13th floor. The elevator doors open and Max grabs his keys out of his backpack. "Welcome, just make yourselves at home while you are staying here" he says as we all walk in. It has been some time since I have been here, not that Max has changed a lot of the interior. I see Lynn and Vera are walking slowly to the living room, I can imagine this can be a lot for them.

I walk up to Vera as I put my arm around her waist, just to comfort her. She looks at me and put her head on my chest. We walk into the living room together as I see Max is making Lynn feel comfortable as well. He has put his arms around her as he is standing behind here looking both at the view.

It feels good to be back, at my soon to be hometown with the two people I care about most while being with their people who they care about with them.