Chapters Fifty-nine - The message

Max

I wake up around 8am, and I feel a void inside of me. I feel the distance between Lynn and I, it makes me feel so sad and lonely. So, to make me feel better I start to work on the trip to Monaco for New Year's Eve. For this plan to work, I need to find a way to get in contact with the girls' their parents. I type Lynn's name in the search bar of Facebook. Her profile pops up and I click on her profile picture. I feel my cheeks burning up. She is so beautiful. I miss her already and it isn't even 12 hours ago since she stepped into the airplane, on her way back home. The last thing I heard of her that she had landed in Amsterdam and her parents picked her up. It felt nice to know she was safe, but it wants her to be safe, here, with me.

After a few minutes I click the picture away and start looking at her profile to find some information about her parents. And not long after, I find a picture with Lynn and her parents, which are luckily also tagged. I start to click on her dad's name, his name is Louis. I chuckle, "What are the odds" I say to myself.

When I entered his profile I see he is a Formula One-fan as well. He has been attending a few races the last couple of years. So, he probably will be in shock after the news of his daughter was traveling with a 'famous' person. I don't see myself as a famous person, I have always been myself.

I start to push on the send a message-, button. I start tying:

Hello Louis,

I am Max and you have probably heard some things about me meeting your daughter in Kirchberg. First of all, I want to say I am really sorry about the mess I have made by dragging her into all the media stuff. Secondly, I don't know what Lynn has told you already about the happenings of the last few days.

But shortly, my team wasn't incredibly pleased by this news leaking out. So, they have forbidden me to be in contact with Lynn. But after the last few days, I just can't let her go that easily. So, my engineer, Lando and I have been thinking about a way to solve all this. And that is the reason I am contacting you.

Lando and I have been thinking about planning a trip to Monaco with your daughter and Vera. You don't have to worry about the costs, we will be taking care of it. The only thing is to make sure Lynn and Vera have packed their things and will be at Lelystad airport around 10am on Tuesday 28th of December.

We will be traveling with my private plane, and we will be staying in my apartment. I will send the rest of the details to you later if you are willing to help us.

I hope to speak to you soon!

Sincerely,

Max Verstappen

As I send the message, I feel my nerves coming up. "What if he doesn't reply in time" I ask myself. The 28th of December is only 5 days away, as it is the 23rd of December. As Christmas is around the corner, I have decided I will join my family. I wasn't supposed to be home, but as we all know, things have changed. It will be a good distraction form all the other stuff happening in my life. I will be seeing my little nephew for the first time, he will be almost 4 weeks old, when I arrive. Just say, bad things mostly bring good things too.

After 30 minutes I see I have a message form Louis. I feel my hands shaking, I am not sure why. I click on the notification and read the message:

Hi Max,

First, thank you for your sincere apology. We are very appreciating. I hope you don't mind that I discussed your request with my wife. It is because we know you are a good person, we let you take our daughter on this trip. Just don't make any other mistakes please 😉.

We have discussed a way to make sure Lynn and Vera will be there. We told them will be taking them to a spa-weekend for 4 days. I think they will buy it. Is there any other stuff we need to know? Can you send some contact information and where you will be staying exactly. Just in case something happens.

We will see each other Tuesday. Enjoy your Christmas!

Kind regards,

Louis