Chapter Twenty-seven - That moment

Lynn

Max and I are laying cozy against each other on the couch with a blanket. It is already dinner time, so we decide to order some food. I texted Vera to tell her that I won't be home for dinner.

Lynn: Hi Veer, I won't be home for dinner. Max and I will have dinner together. I hope you don't mind. -X

Vera: Hey babe, no problem. Lando is still with me, so we will figure something out. Enjoy your dinner 😘.

Lynn: Thank you, you do too. X

I'm glad Veer is still with Lando, so she doesn't have dinner alone. Max looked up some restaurants for me to look at. I get to choose between Chinese, Burgers or Pizza. It is a hard choose I decide to go for pizza.

We order an extra-large pepperoni pizza to share. As we are waiting we put on a Christmas movie to watch.

After thirty minutes, someone knocks at the door. I put the movie on pause as Max stands up and walk to the door. "Mr. Verstappen enjoy your dinner" I hear the deliveryman say. "Thanks, keep the change" Max responded. "I recognize the name from somewhere, but I just can't remember where I heard it." I say to myself. I'm sure I will remember.

As Max walked back in, I grabbed something to drink for both of us. I get Max a beer out of the fridge and get myself some water. We go sit back on the couch, just as we did when our dinner got delivered.

Twenty minutes later I just couldn't get one more bite down my throat. I need to bulge, so I decide to lay down with my whole body on the couch. I lay my head on Max's lap. He strikes with his hand though my hear. It tingles, I feel so relaxed. "If we stay like this for ten more minutes, I think I will fall asleep" I say to Max. I hear him chuckles. "So, let's talk. It is still too early to go to sleep already" he responds as he gives me a wink.

Max

"What will you do after getting your degree?" I ask her to make some conversation. "Not sure yet. I'm still young, so maybe I go work for a year to earn money and let myself travel the world. There is so much I want to see!" she responds. "Do you like to travel as well?" she asks me. If she would know me, she would know this is a crazy question to ask me as I have seen most of the world already at my age.

"Yeah I do! My father and I have traveled a lot together, because of the passion we share. We both like cars, so we traveled miles to take a look at them" I respond. "So good to hear you have a good relationship with your father. What about your mum?" she asks. "Long story, my parents split up when I was eleven years old. So, after the divorce, I decided to live with my father. My mum and I are close as well, but in a different way. My family will always be my first priority". It is hard to talk about this, if she would know the whole background story she would understand. I fight my tears, but I feel one tear rolling over my cheek. "DAMN IT!" I say to myself.

Lynn

"Hey, you don't need to fight your tears. It is okay!" I say as I give Max a hug. "This conversation got maybe a bit heavy, I didn't mean for this to happen" I say. Max started to laugh, "It is fine, just talking about my love for my family keeps making me emotional. I just love them so much!". I love how close he is with his family. I let Max go and give him a spontaneous kiss on his cheek. We look at each other as our heads are still very close. There is the spark again, just as before. Our eyes meet again. Our heads are getting closer too. I look at his lips and our eyes meet again. I feel his breath on my skin. Our noses touch. This moment feels like ages. But then it happens. Our lips touch. Even tough, it was a small kiss, the feeling was much bigger.

Max

It was our first kiss, it felt right. This is what we needed to break the ice between us. "Do you want something to drink?" I ask her. "Some tea would be nice" she answered. A few minutes later I walk back with two mugs. I see Lynn has already looked-up another movie to watch. I sit down on the couch and Lynn is laying besides me. She lays her head on my thigh. When we started the movie it was 22.00pm. Not long after the movie started I feel my eyes getting heavier. I look at Lynn to see if she is still awake. But apparently she fell asleep as well. I stop fighting it and let myself fall asleep.