Chapter Thirteen - The next day 1/2

The boys and girls slept well after their night out. They both hadn't had time to talk to each other what happened while they were separated from each other.

Vera

Just as yesterday, I woke up before Lynn. It is 7am, but I'm not in a rush. Last night must have taken a lot of energy. I still don't know what happened, but her eyes showed it was just all too much. I'm glad Max could calm her down.

I go into the bathroom to get ready for today. Maybe it is a good idea to just keep things easy today. When Lynn wakes up, I will ask her what she wants to do today. And hopefully she tells me what happened yesterday.

After twenty minutes I'm ready for the day. I walk back into the room, and here a buzzing sound. It is Lynn's phone. I'm curious who is texting her this early. I know I shouldn't look, but I'm just to curious.

I see some messages of her mother and Max. It takes some time to realise this is the Max of last night!

I open the notification window so I can read the whole message. By mistake I open the Whatsapp application. Luckily, I just open the app and not the chat. "Leave no proof of reading it" I say to myself.

"You lucky bastard" I whisper to Lynn and smile. The messages are just so sweet.

Max: Good morning, Lynn, I hoped you slept well! I just wanted to say, I'm glad I could help you yesterday. Know you secret is safe with me. I promise! Hope to see you soon, have a good day! X Max

"Secret?! What secret??" I ask myself. I can't believe she has something on her mind, and she didn't tell me.

I start thinking what I could be, but nothing comes up in my mind. "Let it go Veer, just let it go. She will tell you when she is ready" I keep saying to myself.

After a few minutes, Lynn still hasn't moved a muscle. I go sit on the bed and scroll through my social media while listening to music. I just love to wake up with some acoustic music. It can change my whole mood for the day when I don't get the chance to listen to it.

Then I remember I had taken some photos during the après ski with the four of us. This would make a good Instagram post! I try to think of good quote to use underneath the photo. Pinterest is the best place to find the best inspirational quotes. After some time, I find the perfect quote; "Life is short, time is fast, no replay, no rewind, so enjoy every moment as it comes"

Just as I want to post the picture, I hear Lynn is waking up. I look at her while she is opening her eyes slowly.

"What time is it?" she asks. "It is 8.30, I just let you sleep. I though you could use you rest after last night" I responded. She smiles at me, "Thank you, what would I do without you?". I gave her a hug and ask, "Do you mind me asking about what happened last night?"

Lynn

I slept well, but my body just feels empty. Last night has been a lot, I need my rest. It is probably the best to stay of the slopes for today before I injure myself or someone else because of my lack of focus.

Veer is the best for letting me sleep, but the question about last night is just too early. I don't think I can describe what happened, I just don't know what happened myself. Everything still feels like a blur.

I avoid Vera's question by getting my phone to check my messages. My mum texted me a few times, she wants me to know how the trip is. I decide to respond later.

I also see a message from Max, I can't remember exchanging phone numbers. But his message is so sweet. I feel my heart beating faster while reading it.

Lynn: "Hey, I slept well thank you. How did you sleep? Hopefully you didn't get any nightmares about my behaviour last night haha. I can't thank you enough for what you did. It felt good to have someone around me that calms me down, you are one of a kind. Do you know that?

I don't feel like skiing today, so maybe we can meet up later today if that is okay with you?"

I push send and put my phone away again. I close my eyes ask myself. "How did I become so lucky?"