Chapter Thirty-seven - Super Max

Max

It is already sometime later. The four of us has danced and sang together. I don't think I will have a voice tomorrow. But it has been a good night. The bar is about to close and want to put on the last son of the evening. "The last song of the evening will be dedicated to the one and only Dutch Formula one World Champion! Even though he is not with us tonight, we have to sing as loud as we can so he can hear it!" I hear the DJ say. Lando looks at me, I don't know what to do. "I guess we need to sing along" Lando says.

The song is starting as I decide to sing along as does Lando.

"Max Max Max. Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max. Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max

Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max. Super Max Max. Ik mis geen race, heb schijt aan mijn centen.

Ik zie Max zijn mooiste momenten. Hij is de king van Barcelona. Rijd alles zoek van Spa tot Monza. De geur van rubber en smeltend asfalt. Ik juich als Max weer een voorbij knalt. Zijn inhaalacties zijn bijzonder. Het is een bazend wereldwonder!"

[I don't miss a race, don't waste my money. I see Max' best moments. He is the king of Barcelona. Search everything from Spa to Monza. The smell of rubber and melting asphalt. I cheer when Max blasts past again. His overtakes are special. He is a masterful wonder of the world.]

Lando

"YoHé, YoHo!" I scream as loud as I can. Max and I love this song, especially after last season. We are totally into the song as I look next to me. Vera and Lynn look at us if we lost our minds. Of course, they don't know this if you are not a fan. I don't know half of what I'm saying, but I just go with it.

I take Vera her hands as I spin her around in my enthusiasm. When the next chorus comes we all sing a long, as the lyrics is repeating itself.

"Max Max Max. Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max. Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max

Super Max Max. Super super Max Max Max. Super Max Max!"

Lynn

I have never heard this song, but I love how everyone is totally feeling it. The chorus is the only thing I can remember after the song ended and I can't get it out of my head. We walk to the exit as we grab our coats from the wardrobe. When we walk outside, I keep repeating the chorus.

"Hey, stop it. Otherwise, I will be hearing it for the rest of the holiday" Max says as he grabs my hand. "It is your name I sing, so I should be an honor that I keep repeating it" I say teasingly as I give him a little push against his arm.

Max

If she only knew this song has been made for me. I hope we can keep this 'anonymous' thing we have going on anonymously. I love the time we are spending with each other as Max and Lynn, instead of the famous Max Verstappen with the unknown girl. I think me being famous can ruin everything and create a distance between me and her. Everything will come out eventually, but I hope the truth stays hidden for a little longer.

After ten minutes we arrive at the girls their hotel. I gave Lynn a hug and a kiss on her forehead as we said goodbye. "Text me when you are at the apartment" she says. I nod, "of course".

"Oh, and I made a group chat, so we can share all of the pictures we have made tonight" I hear her say.

Vera

Lando and I got closer after tonight. When we left the bar, we walked back to the hotel arm in arm. It feels right. When we arrived at the hotel I give Lando a fast kiss on his lips. "Good night Lando" I say to him. "Good night dear" he replied as he gave me a hug and kiss on my cheek. "See you tomorrow and don't forget to text" I added as we went our different ways.

"I can't wait to see those pictures we have made tonight!" I hear Lynn say. And she doesn't even know I captured a kiss between Max and her. I hope she won't be angry.