Chapter Seven - Want something to drink?

Max

"Hey, aren't that the girls of this afternoon?" I ask Lando while I point out to the two girls in the middle of the dancefloor. They were dancing the Macarena; it is adorable to see how they live up to the music!

"I guess you are right! Let's go to them, I think they could use another drink" says Lando while he winked at me. Before I could say something, he was already gone. Damn it! This is not what I had in mind, but they are cute. Especially the girl in the blue top.

Lando

This must be fate! Of all the bars in Kirchberg, we are standing at the same bar. I know Max will hate me for this, but this will be a good distraction! Without waiting for Max' reaction I walk up to the girls.

I tap on the shoulder of one of the girls. "Hey, do you guys might want something to drink?" I ask the girls. The girl turns around and looks a little confused. "Hi, aren't you one of the guys of this afternoon we saw at the lunchroom?" she said. "Yeah, I am, my friend is standing right over there at the bar" I answer her question. "What are the odds?!" she said while looking at Max. she turned a bit red and waved to Max and he waved back. I guess she might like him.

"So do you guys want anything from the bar?" they both nod. We all start walking to the bar together to order something.

------------------------------------------------------------

Vera

I look at Lynn, she turned red when she looked at Max. I knew she liked him! And she didn't say anything this afternoon. But I know how she looks at boys these days, probably just to soon or just at the right time when she needs a distraction the most.

"Are you okay?" I ask her while we are walking to the bar. She is still a little shocked I think about what just happened. She wasn't counting on this, what are the odds. "I'm fine, I just need some more alcohol to relax. That's probably just it!" she said. "Good to hear. When we have the drinks, let's invite the boys for a game of hammerschlagen!" I said smirkingly. She laugh, "Good idea!". We played it yesterday as well and we were a good team, so this would be an easy match.

Lynn

I feel a flutter in my stomach when I look at the boy at the bar. He looks even better now than this afternoon!

"Hey good to see you again!" I say to him. He smiled at me "Good to see you too, are you enjoying yourself?". "Yes, I do, thanks for asking. I'm Lynn by the way" I answer. "Hi Lynn, I'm Max nice to meet you" he said while shaking my hand.

I see Vera talking to the other boy. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to you" I said to him. "Oh yeah you are right. Hi I'm Lando" he says. "Lynn, nice to meet you" I say to him while shaking his hand as well.

While I introduces myself to Lando, I hear Vera introducing herself to Max.

While the boys and girls start to talk to each other. To what extend that was possible with the loud music in the background. After some time, the bartender gave them the drinks they ordered. The boys had ordered two beers and the girls some Eristoff and an Aperol Spritz. Vera asks if the boys might want to join them for a duel of hammerschlagen.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Max

Lando looks at me, he has of course no idea what she meant. "It is a game where you should try to slam a nail into some wood with a hammer. The team who does this the fastest wins the game" I say to him. He nods.

"We are in! Be aware you are looking to the Kirchberg hammerschlagen champion of 2015." I said while I winked at Lynn.

We all start to laugh. "No worries, I have some experience as well!" says Vera. "I hear a challenge! Let's go, but don't say I didn't warn you girls" I said to Lynn and Vera.