Chapter Seventy-four - The photo

Lynn

Max opens the trunk and firstly takes out a bunch of roses. "These are for you" he says as he removes his hand and hands over the flowers. "Max.... These are gorgeous, thank you" I say with a big smile and blushes on my face. "Not as gorgeous as you are!" he responds with a big smirk on his face. "Shut up" I say as I give him a friendly push. We both start to laugh.

Max gets a bag and a basket with food. "Are you ready?" he asks. "As ready as I can be since I didn't have any time to prepare myself" I answer as I stick out my tongue.

Max

We walk for a few minutes to the place I got ready with the fireplace. The sun has set, and the view of Monto Carlo is just beautiful with all the lights. When we arrived, I get the blankets, pillows out of the bag, and make sure everything looks okay and comfy. "Please take a seat" I say to Lynn as she sits down on the picnic blanket. "Miss, do you want anything to drink? I have some white wine or sparkling apple cider?"

"I would like to have some wine, thank you sir" she responds. "Here you go miss." "Thank you sir."

Lynn

Max has out done himself. I don't think I have ever been this spoiled. When we both got something to drink, Max put on the fireplace. With the blankets, the warmth of the fire, and each other close it was simply perfect. The food he has prepared was so tasty as well. I can't believe he has put all this effort to surprise me like this. I feel like a queen this evening. After we ate, we laid down, I put my head on his chest while he was playing with my hair. We talked about the last few days without each other, how the future will look like, and more personal stuff to get to know each other better. It was like yesterday never happened and that felt good. Being honest with each other, the most important thing in life.

Max

"Am I allowed to say that I have been enjoying this evening so far?" I ask her. "Of course, you may sir, I'm enjoying myself as well tonight. Can I thank you for this amazing date? As I assume it is our first official date" she responds. I love how formal we can talk to each other as a joke. "The honor is all mine! And yes it is" I answer her with a big smile. "By the way, I got you a present" I add to it.

"You shouldn't have, this has already been enough" she tells me. I gave her a small package with a small bow. "Please open it" I say as I start to get nerves. I have been nerves the whole evening just for this moment. It was a perfect moment, so I guess everything will be all right.

Lynn

I open the nicely wrapped package. It is not heavy or thick. It feels flat, but not like paper. I gently pull of the tape and pull down the wrapping paper. Slowly it shows a photo frame. I look up at Max and he is starting to breath heavily. I try to ignore it; I shouldn't be that nerve wrecking right. I see the back of the frame first; I turn it around and it shows one of the pictures Max and I have made at the après ski bar while we were waiting on our drinks. I smile as I see the picture, I takes me back to the fun moments we had in Austria. When I look better I see a tag attached to the frame. I start to read out loud what is written on it: "Lynn, I want to ask you something........."

Max

"We have been through a lot together already and I know there is more to come. And people will say it is fast, but that is my whole life. Having you is just like driving a fast car. You can only drive when there is trust, reliability, and setbacks. And I know I will face them all with you...." I start saying as I grab her hands. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

It stays quiet for a moment. I look at Lynn and the smile she just had faded as soon as I got there. Tears are forming in her eyes, and I don't know if those are positive or negative tears. "Hey, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just know how I feel about ..." and that is when Lynn stands up and walks away.