Chapter Twenty-one - I'm not okay

Max

I'm glad everything worked out and that everyone his happy to see each other again. The spark between me and Lynn is just undeniable. I want to get to know her!

"So, tell me. How would you introduce yourself to me?" I ask her directly. "That is a really good ice breaker you got there!" she responds

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lyndsay Anderson" she says while shaking my hand. We both laugh. "Nice to meet you too Lyndsay, what are you doing for living?" I answer formally. "I study Nutrition Sciences in Holland, hopefully I graduate at the end of this year"

"So, you are smart as well. Is there something you can't do?" I say while teasing her a little.

And then it hits me. SHE IS DUTCH! How didn't I realize this earlier. I look like an idiot. Out of nowhere I say, "No way! You are Dutch?! Me too" I say shocked. "Dat meen je niet?! She says ["You are kidding right?"] We both started to laugh.

Vera and Lando are starting to look our way. They have no idea what just happened.

"Hey Vera, Max is Nederlands! We lijken wel een stel idioten, dat we dit niet eerder hebben gezien!" Lynn says to Vera. ["Hey Vera, Max is Dutch! We look like idiots for not noticing this earlier!"]

"Oh my god, je maakt een grapje?!" she responded ["Oh my god, you are joking right?!"]

"Helaas niet, gelukkig komen we er nu achter!" I respond to Vera ["Unfortunately, not, but luckily we found out now!"]

Meanwhile, Lando is looking at us like he has seen a ghost. "Do you guys mind to tell me what is going on here?" he says. "So, he is English for real?" Lynn says. We all start to laugh except Lando.

And the only thing I can think about is how Lynn and Vera actually don't know who we are. Their affection seems to be completely genuine. I feel really relieved in this moment.

"So, what is it we are going to eat?" I ask her.

Lynn

How could we miss this? Max is Dutch! This can't be more perfect. Is this what people call fate? I want to know him now even better than before I knew he was Dutch.

After the waiter was done at Vera's table, we picked out something to eat. I decided to get Käsespätzle and so did max. "We are being typically Dutch" I say to him when de waiter walked away.

"So, what is it what you do daily?" I ask to Max. "I'm working for a car company. Doing test drives and that kind of things. I wasn't someone who liked to study, the only thing I liked was driving cars. So that is what I do these days" he answered with a big smile on his face.

"I love to see how passionate you are!" I say to him

I don't think I have ever been happier in my life. Someone who is as kind and as passionate as him. It seems too good to be true, something must go wrong. That is just how my life turns out. Every time I start to feel happy, something bad happens to me. Maybe fate is giving me a chance at happiness this time. We just must stay positive.

"Hey, you okay? You seem a bit lost?" Max asks me. "No actually. Can we go for a walk after lunch? I'm in need for a talk, but not here" I answered. "Of course, everything you need! Seems I don't have a job to do anyway" he says while looking at Lando and Vera. We both smile. "Thank you!"

Not long after the waiter brought out food. We had a nice time together, talked about a lot of things. It seems we have quite a few things in common.