Chapter Fourteen - The next day 2/2

Max

When I wake up, I hear Lando in the shower. I look at my phone and see it's a quarter to eight, "Why is Lando already awake?" I ask myself.

The only thing I can think about is Lynn. I did something very spontaneous and I'm not sure if I should have done it. When I saw Lynn's phone laying on the floor in the bathroom yesterday, I just couldn't resist to call myself with her phone so I could have her number. I was too scared to just ask her because we only met yesterday. But I'm glad I have her number now.

After Lando and I dropped the girls of at their hotel I couldn't get her out of my mind. I was thinking about her, about the way she makes me feel. She does something with me. I'm happy when I'm with her and I don't know why. "How can you feel something like this when you only know someone for less than twenty-four hours?" I whisper to myself.

After a few minutes I decided to send Lynn a text. Just to ask how she is after last night, hopefully she doesn't think it's weird. When I send the text, I see she is online. But she doesn't respond. "Why?" I ask myself, "Did I do something wrong? I thought everything was okay or at least as okay as it could be". I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear Lando yelling me name.

Lando

I laid awake for almost the whole night. I couldn't get Vera out of my head and I really hope I didn't scare her away.

"I just shouldn't have tried to kiss her; how can I be so stupid" I think to myself. I look at my phone and see it is almost 6 a.m.. I decide to get up and find some water. Hopefully it will help to reduce the headache from the alcohol of last night. When I finally find some water I decide to take a shower and freshen up a bit. I know I can't snowboard yet, but I really love doing it. Maybe coming with Max was a really good choice after all, because I found something I love to do. And the most important I found someone I really like, while doing it. "Lando you got to stop thinking about her, maybe she doesn't like you and it was just the moment you had. You heard her she didn't want to kiss you" I say to myself

I take a really long shower and when I'm out and look at my phone I see it's already 7.30 a.m. "Did I really shower this long" I think to myself.

I get dressed and walk to Max' room to see if he is already awake. I open the door carefully and see Max is on his phone. "Good morning, hope you slept better than I did" I say to him, but it seems like he doesn't even hear me. "Who is he texting?" I ask myself. He seems completely occupied with it and doesn't notice anything around him anymore. "That is not the Max I know" I say to myself. "Max!" I say harder this time, but he still doesn't respond. "MAX!" I yell and this time he looks at me. "What is wrong with you, why are you yelling my name" he asks me. "Is he serious right now?" ... "Uhmm, maybe because you didn't hear me the first 2 times I called out your name. Where were you with your thoughts?" I ask him. "Nowhere I'm just not awake yet" he responds. I look doubtful at him, but I see he isn't in the mood to talk yet "I'll ask him at breakfast" I say to myself. "Go make yourself ready I don't want to be in the apartment the whole day, I want to snowboard!" I tell him and walk away.