Chapter Thirty-one - Charlotte

Lando

When Lynn left, Vera and I looked at each other and burst into laughter. "I can't believe you knocked her down" she tries to say while trying to catch her breath. "I'm sorry I didn't expect anyone to be here" I respond to her. After we both stopped laughing I asked her where she you want to go for breakfast. "I know a really good place here in Kirchberg" She answers. "Okay I'm going back to the apartment to get ready; I'll meet you there?" I ask her. She nods and I leave her hotel room. When I'm at my apartment I look at my phone and see I have some missed messages from Charlotte.

Charlotte: Heyy, I thought you wanted to stay off radar this winter break? Maybe you should be a lot more careful if you do not want to be seen. Just tell me what is going on, so I know what to bring to the media. [one attached photo]

I look at the pictures and see me laying on top off Vera. This has to be when she was teaching me to snowboard yesterday. "Shit, this wasn't supposed to happened, everything was perfect with the girls not knowing who we are" I think to myself. I decide to text back immediately just to get it over with, but I really should talk to Max about this. Maybe he knows best what to do.

Lando: She is just a girl I met here, not my girlfriend. Max was done teaching me, so she offered me to help. So, besides teaching me how to snowboard, nothing is going on between us. Just friends.

As I sent the message, I see Charlotte is online again.

Charlotte: Okay, you're sure? 😏 It looks really cozy between you two. But if you say so, I won't say a word. I'll get this message out. Thanks for replying, otherwise I would have made up a story on my own.

Lando: Thanks Char, it won't happen again. See you soon!

I replied. I hope this won't a happen again. But I don't control what other people see or want to see.

Vera

When I'm waiting in front of the restaurant I feel someone putting his arms around me. I immediately know it is Lando and I feel butterflies again. It feels good with him. It is something I've never felt before. "Heyy you" he whispers in my ear. "Hi" I say to him. "Let's get inside" I add to it. We walk inside and sit down at a table in the corner where not a lot of people are around. We order some food talk a bit. I notice something is bothering him and has been bothering him the entire morning

Lando

"Okay so tell me, what has been bothering you this entire morning" Vera asks me. I'm a bit surprised by her question. "Why would you think something is bothering me?" I ask her. All she does is stare at me, waiting for me to tell her. "Okay fine" I say softly. I look at my hands at the table and wait a few seconds before I start talking. "I feel guilty about last night. I never wanted to keep you awake and having to deal with my problems" I look at her to see her reaction. It kind of bothered me, but I just can't tell her about the photo. Not without her worrying and telling her the truth.

Before answering she grabs my hands. "You don't have to feel guilty, seriously. I hated to see you like that and I'm happy I could be there for you" I see she has a smile on her face. I guess she really didn't mind last night, and nothing makes me happier. I start smiling to. "Thank you for being there for me" I say to her. Not much later our food comes, and we continue talking.

Once we're done with eating I pay for the food, and we walk into the village again. We walk hand in hand, and it feels like the most normal thing to do.

Vera

"I still have to get a snowboard" I say to Lando. While leaning a bit against him. "Okay let's go" he responds. We walk to the shop, and I get my stuff. It goes pretty fast since I already know what I need and how I want my settings on the snowboard. We get our stuff and get to the slopes.