Chapter Twenty-six - Running water

Lando

I notice we're walking for short time through the woods until we're standing still. When I open my eyes I see the most beautiful little stream. I'm completely stunned, so it takes me a few seconds to say something. "This is absolutely beautiful Vera" I say while I keep looking at the water. "There is something calming about this" I say to her.

After a minute I look at Vera and see she has a big smile on her face, but is a bit lost in her thoughts

After a minute I look at Vera and see she has a big smile on her face, but is a bit lost in her thoughts. "Are you okay?" I ask her carefully. She looks at me and nods. "Yeah I'm okay" she says. "I always used to come here when I went on ski holiday with my parents, so this brings back a lot of memories" she adds to it. I walk a little closer to her and pull her in for a hug. She was so lost in your thoughts that as soon as I touched her she jumped a little. "Sorry" I say to her while letting go of her fast. "You have nothing to apologize for, I was just lost in my thoughts" she says as she pulls me in for a hug. We stand in each other's arms for a little while just looking at the water. After what feels like forever we let go of each other and look in each other eyes again.

Vera

This just feels right. Here together with Lando and no one around to interrupt us. It feels amazing. After staring in each other's eyes for I don't know how long we look back at the little stream. "It is really calming here, did you come here a lot with your family?" Lando asks me after a few minutes of silence. "I used to come here a lot, basically every day when we were in Kirchberg, but I always went alone. No one knows about this place except me and well now you know about it too" I answer him. He looks surprised at me. "I'm the only one?" He asks and I nod. "It is my secret hide out for when I wanted to be alone and just clear my head. The calming sound of the water is peaceful and makes me forget about everything that is happening in my life" I say while I keep looking at the running water. "I'm really happy you took me here" Lando says, and we go back to staring at the water and just not saying anything. I notice Lando looking at me a few times, but he doesn't say anything.

After a while of just standing next to each other I decide to put my arm behind his back and let my head rest on his shoulder, but we're still not saying anything and just enjoying each other's presence. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. I feel safe around him and I never had that with anyone before except for Lynn.

Lando

I feel her putting her arm behind me back and getting closer to me. I look at her for a second and then decide to put my arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me. I don't want this moment to be over. Just the two of us here with no one around. This is what I hoped for. To just be alone with her.

We look for about half an hour at the running water and I look at Vera a few times too. She is so beautiful. I don't know what I did to deserve her being with me, here alone together.

After we sit in silence for some time, I look at Vera again. Looking at her makes me speechless, I just keep telling myself how stunning she is. I don't think I deserve her, but I will try my best to call her mine one day. I just can't stop myself; I want to give her a kiss on hear cheek. Just to show my affection to her. I lean in to give her a kiss on her cheek, but at exactly that moment Vera turns her head and our lips touch.