Chapter Sixty-four - Unexpected visitor

Lynn

It has already been a few hours since we arrived in the apartment. I guess I have been in shock most of the time, everything doesn't feel real. Being here in Monaco, in an absolutely chic and expensive apartment with the man I have the biggest crush on.

"What are we going to do for dinner?" I ask to the group. "How is everyone feeling?" Max asks back. "I am a little tired" I respond. "I feel good, and you Veer" I hear Lando saying. "I'm fine too" she replies.

I take a deep breath; I just want to stay at the apartment tonight. Max looks to me and I just know that he thinks what I think. "You should go out for dinner, so Lynn and I stay here. I think we can all use some quality time" he says as he looks at me. I smile. "Sounds great!" Lando responds. "Let's get changed" Vera says while she walks out of the living room with Lando.

I walk to the couch and let myself fall. Max walks to me and takes a seat beside me. He grabs my legs and put them on his lap. "Shall we order some food?" he asks. "Pizza?" I reply as this all reminds me of out date in Kirchberg. "Whatever you want, peperoni?" he answers as he put his arm around me and pulls me closer. "Hmm" I say as I put my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

It feels like ten seconds ago since I closed my eyes as I hear the doorbell ring, I look at my phone and see it is 45 minutes later. I look up and I see that Max fell asleep as well. I stand up, it must be the delivery guy with our pizza. I walk towards the door and open the door. "Hello?" I say as a woman is standing in front of me without a pizza. It is a beautiful woman, to beautiful to be working in delivery.

"Who are you and what are you doing at my home?" she arrogantly says. What does she mean? "Excuse me? Your home? I think you are mi..." I say as she pushes me aside at walks in. "MAX! Where are you, your douchebag!" she screams. She opens the door to the living room, and I see Max standing in front of the couch where we just were sleeping at peace.

"Kelly?" Max says softly as he is shocked about her being here. "What are you doing here?" he adds to it. "The better question is, what SHE is doing here" Kelly says while she looks at me. "You are the one that is not supposed to be here, not her!" Max replies at an angry tone.

"It is better for her to stay so she hears what I am about to say. Did you tell her already what happened between us? Did you tell her the real story or the fairytale one?" Kelly says. I don't know what she meant by this. "Max what is going on?" I say as I look at Max while I am still standing in the doorway.

"Yeah Max, please tell this 'new' girlfriend of yours what is going on" Kelly demands Max. I try to make eye contact with Max, he keeps looking away.

Max

I don't know what to say. Lynn and I have been exclusive, although that is what we promised each other. I don't know how Lynn will take this. She will be hurt after hearing this.

I start walking up and down in the living room, trying to figure out what I am about to say

"Uhmm... So, last week Kelly texted me that she was looking for some jewelry, which she thought she left behind at my place when we broke up" I started. While I started talking, Lynn sat down on the couch.

"I told her that I was not home yet because of celebrating Christmas with my family in Holland. Surprisingly, she said that she was in Holland as well for business. Which I though was weird because YOU are normally in Brazil around the holidays. So, I said I will look for that piece of jewelry once I got back here. Which has not been even 12 hours yet BTW" I say while looking to Kelly.

"The Christmas dinner just had started when the doorbell rang, and Kelly was just standing there. My family has always loved her and still do, because they still don't know the whole story yet. They were very happy to see her, and they invited her to join dinner with us. My dad placed a chair besides me where Kelly could sit. After dinner I went upstairs as I was tired, and it was already late. When I undressed myself I hear someone knocking on the door, I didn't know who it was, but I let that person come in. Which I now know, I shouldn't have" I add to it. I decide to sit down as well and want to grab Lynn's hand. She takes her arm away and moves away from me. She is looking at the ground, not willing to make any contact.

"The door opens as I see Kelly walking in. She didn't say anything, she walks up to me and kisses me" I say, and Lynn gets up and walks away. Not long after I hear the front door closing. "Is this what you wanted?! Ruining my life? Again?! GET OUT! NOW!" I scream to Kelly as she grabs her stuff and left the apartment with a smirk on her face. I sit down on the ground and start crying, "What the hell did you do Max?."