Chapter Twenty - Wunderschön

Lando

This is not what I expected for lunch, but I like it. The idea that Max and Lynn set all this up, everything makes sense now. I look into Vera's eyes; they are so beautiful. "Are you okay?" I hear someone say on the background. "Huh, what?" I say when I look around. I see Vera laughing, "I asked if you are okay dummy".

I nod, "Yeah why wouldn't I be, I'm just a little shocked I think".

She smiles. "Did you know anything about this?" I ask her. "I had no idea; Lynn was distracted all day. I thought last night was the reason for that. But apparently that wasn't the problem" she responded

"Max was a dick the whole morning. So, I just assumed he didn't enjoy teaching me, but I now think he was just nervous for this meeting. I'm glad they arranged this for us" I say to her.

After a few minutes the waiter came by our tables. He says something in German which I don't understand, but apparently vera does as she responded to him, "Wir brauche gerne etwas mehr Zeit"

["We would like some more time please"]

I look at her and ask, "What did you say to him?". "Oh, just that we need some more time to make a decision" she answers. "You should really help me with that, German isn't my language as you've just witnessed". "Of course, no problem!"

We walk through the whole menu; I look at Vera while she explains everything of the menu. I just can't focus on what she is saying. She is just so beautiful.

"So, what is it going to be?" she asks. "Uhm, I think I will go for the same as yesterday" I try to say with as much confidence as I can. "Good choice, I will take that one too" she says while our eyes find each other again.

Vera

He is so cute; I just can't think about anything else. I sign to the waiter that we have made a choose.

"Bitte zweimal den Kaiserschmarrn und zum nachtisch Apfelstrudel mit Vanillesoße" I say.

["Please twice the Kaiserschmarrn and for dessert Apfelstrudel with vanilla sauce"]

I see Lando looking at me, "What was the last thing you said?" he asks. "That will be a surprise" I answer him as I give him a wink.

As we are waiting for out food, we get to know each other a little better. "What do you do in life? College, work or something else?" I ask him. "I work in car engineering. I always has loved working with cars, so I'm happy how things worked out for me" I says while he starts talking about his job.

So, he doesn't only have the beauty, but also the brains. "And what do you do?" he asks. "I'm a third-year building engineering student. So, we do kind of have something I common" I responded.

It feels good to get to know him a little better.

After twenty minutes the waiter brought our food. We only have eye for each other, so the food was barely touched. We talked about a lot of stuff, even some complicated stuff in our lives. Lando has told me about his mental health issues he experienced. That at some point the pressure of high expectations became too much for him. It is a good feeling that someone trust you with this kind of heavy stuff.

Thirty minutes later the waiter cleans our table and not long after they brought our dessert. "So, this is what you said? It looks amazing" Lando says. "Yeah, you need to have tried this once in your life. I'm sure you will like this" I answer him. While eating dessert Lando tells me about Max' teaching skills. I know I can help him, "Shall I teach you how to snowboard?".

"Do you know how to snowboard? I thought you could only ski?" he replies. "I can do both, but I'm skiing right now to teach Lynn. I would be happy to help you" I say to him. He smiles, "That would be great, thank you!".

"Hey Max, you don't have to teach me anymore. Vera will take over from you!" says Lando to Max.

"Good luck to you Vera" says Max and gives me a wink. "I'm sure I can handle this clumsy one" I say as I look at Lando. "Tomorrow we will start, so I can make some arrangements. Snowboarding with skis will probably be hard" I say, and we both start to laugh. "Sure thing!" he responds.

"Shall we exchange numbers by the way? So, we can talk about the details later. First I want to know about you more before we can talk business" Lando asks. "Sounds good to me!" I say as my face turns red.