Chapter Fifty-three - The Trip

Lando

"Are you ready to go?" I ask Vera when we're in the car. She nods but keeps quiet and just stares out the window. I think it is all just a bit too much for her as she isn't used to any of this attention. I start the car and drive away. After driving for a while, I decide to not go to my house straight away because it is still pretty early. After driving for another half hour, I stop. "You okay?" I ask Vera as she hasn't said anything the whole drive. "Yeah I'm okay, just processing everything what happened today. I'm sorry I haven't said anything after we left your work." she responds. I look at her and see she really is having a tough time with everything which is something I completely understand. "Come on" I say as I get out of the car. Vera gets out too and looks confused at me. "Where are we going?" she asks me. "It's a surprise" I tell her while grabbing her hand. We walk for a while before I stop. "Do you trust me?" I ask her and she nods. I put my hand in front of her eyes and start walking.

Vera

We start walking and I almost fall so I grab Lando his free hand for support. "You're okay" he tells me. We walk for a few minutes before we stop again. "Ready?" he asks me, and I say yes before he takes away his hand from my eye and I see one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. "Wow" is all I can say. "You like it?" Lando asks shyly. "Lando I love it, it is so beautiful here." he smiles and puts his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him after sitting down on a rock. 

We just sit there in silence looking at the beautiful view

We just sit there in silence looking at the beautiful view. I don't know how much time has passed before Lando starts talking again, "You okay? I know this is probably a lot for you." "Yeah I am. It is really overwhelming, but it's getting better. Don't worry" I explain him. "Of course, I worry, I know what it is like and still remember from when I started with racing. I know how hard it can be. If you want to talk, you know you can always talk to me right?" he says with a really sweet voice. "I know and I'm so thankful for that. It means a lot to me" while saying this I feel a tear falling on my check. I guess it is all getting a bit too much. Before I can wipe the tear away hoping Lando wouldn't notices he already wipes it away. "Heyy come here" he says pulling me into a hug. "Everything will be fine" he adds keeping me close to him. "I hate that you see me like this" I say softly, more to myself. Lando pulls away and just looks at me surprised with what I just said. "Why?" he asks me. "I don't like being vulnerable with people. Not even with Lynn or my family" I say looking at the water again. "I think you're beautiful even if you cry and it is cute when you're being vulnerable. It means you trust me even if you're not doing it on purpose or if you don't want to." I feel I start to blush when he says this. "That is cute too" he says a bit laughing. "What is cute too?" I ask him. "Blushing when I give you a compliment" he explains, and I just look at the water again feeling a bit embarrassed. He pulls me closer to him and I let my head rest against his chest, and he wraps his arms around my chest.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have met him and for how sweet he is. After pulling myself together a bit and looking at the water for another half hour I decide to ask Lando a question that I've been thinking of for a while. "Why did you take me here by the way?" I ask him. "Every time the social media or pressure with work got a bit too much I would always come here when I could. So, I thought, maybe it would help you a bit too. In Austria you have a quiet place by the water and thought this might help here" he explains to me. I move a bit so I can look at him and see his sweet smile again before I pull him into a hug. "Thank you. For knowing what I need and being so sweet and caring. It really helps" I tell him. I pull away from the hug and move a bit so I can rest my head against his chest again and he wraps his arms around me again.

Lando

After holding Vera in my arms for a while again I get a message from Charlotte.

Charlotte: "Heyy, the statement is published. Try to stay away from social media and media tell Vera too. Let it blow over a bit before you both go back on social media. Enjoy the rest of your break!"

Lando: "Thank you for the warning. Enjoy your rest of the break too"

"We should stay away from social media for a bit. The statement got just posted and the fans will probably still start wondering who you are" I tell Vera and she just nods.