Chapter Ninety-two - Sur le chemin du retour

Petra (Vera's mum)

The time has come. We have to go back to the Netherlands. It was so fun spending time with all of the people. I have met so many nice people, I can't wait to see them again!

We are in the car with all of the parents, the children are driving together as well in another vehicle. It is so lovely to see how close they've got over the few days they spend together. We need to take advantage of that situation. What if we plan something this weekend? Before the winter break is over?

Marc is talking to Jos and Adam; racing is the main subject. They even invited us to watch a Grand Prix with them some time. This is an offer which we couldn't refuse.

I sit beside Cisca and Sophie and start to discuss a way to plan something together with all of us again. It needs to be top secret and the children can never know. "Okay, I have an idea. What if we plan another trip the upcoming weekend? With all of us, so the children can spend even more time together. I think Lynn and Vera can appreciate the effort of having some friends in the world of the famousness, don't you think?" I say to both of the ladies.

"Sounds like a great idea! Lynn loved spending time with Veronica, and I guess Vera did as well with Cisca and Flo" Maria says agreeing with me. Cisca nods as well. "Is everyone off this weekend?"

They both grab their phone to check their agendas. "We don't have any plans" Cisca says. "We neither, but I need to check things with Max' manager to make sure" Sophie answers.

"Okay that is great!"

I immediately look for family villas, we need space for seventeen adults and two little children. The first villa appeared, and it checks off all the boxes. Space for twenty people, six bathrooms, enough parking spots, nearby Eindhoven, a big garden, and so on. I check the availability for this weekend, and it is still free this weekend. "Shall we rent it from Friday till Sunday?" I ask the woman. They both nod. I immediately make the reservation in order, and I am proud of this plan. We only need to think about a way to get everyone her, but I guess that will be the least of our problems.

Maria (Lynn's mum)

Petra has always been the most spontaneous person between the both of us. Even when we were younger she decided most of the things we did and those were one of the most amazing memories we share.

I talk a bit more with the woman onboard and we discuss some ideas for this weekend. We decide to do a game night on Friday night, rent off a karting track, so we can race against each other on Saturday, and on Sunday everyone can do what they like, like shopping, watching football, etc.

Sophie takes care of finding a track, Petra is the organizer of the game night, and I am head of the food and drinks. Perfect couple.

The man in the car has shifted the subject to football. There is some debate between Jos and Marc. Jos is pleading that PSV is the best Dutch team and Marc thinks Ajax is. Louis isn't that much of a football fan, so he makes sure things will not get out of hand.

Louis (Lynn's dad)

At this moment I regret not watching football. The discussion is getting a little overheated and I can't give good arguments why one of the teams is better than the other. Racing is something I can talk a lot more about. It is actually weird that we are here, together with the Verstappen and Norris family. I thought everything would be weird, but everyone has been so nice, and they are really down to earth. Just as how Dutch and Belgian people are.

The woman in the car are discussing something about the next time we will see each other again. I don't think with that many people, there will be a day we can spend it all together again. In a year time and when that day comes, I will be very looking forward to it.