Re;birth Apocalypse [Original] Ch. 4: Redemption Is Not Without Flaws

Noire walks over to the box.

Gold outlining on the edges, and shiny platinum body.

The box was locked with a keyhole.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a small broken piece of the HyperVolt.

I insert the piece into the keyhole and open the box.

Inside was a sharicite, dark and lifeless.

Noire stares at the sharicite. "This is...!"

I nod, the sharicite levitates towards me.

"My sharicite, as you can see, it doesn't react to me anymore."

I bring the sharicite to my chest, but it doesn't react.

"So, this is the deal, I need Lastation's technology to create a machine that can recover the sharicite." Noire crosses her arms. "Why should I?"

I snap my fingers and Neptune pulls out a small crate. "These are just some minerals that were recovered in the wreckage of Planeptune. They could all be yours." Noire inspects the crate, inside were some crystals, metal, and some powdered metalloids. "Fine, I'll help." Neptune hands the crate to Noire, as I lock up the box. "Perfect. Neptune, we'll need to rent a room at an inn for a few days."

We start to leave the basilicom, and Noire calls out after us.

"Just for the record, I'm not doing this for you or anything. I'm just doing this to rai........." Her voice gets quieter the further we get.

(Later)

I head back over to Neptune, who was waiting near the door.

"Ok, I got us a room for a few days. Although, it's a single room, I arranged for two separate beds." Neptune nods and hops off the chair.

We head down the hall to our room. "This should be the one."

I swipe the keycard on the scanner and the door unlocks. "Lastation definitely has high-tech stuff. Although, it's a little too steampunk for my taste."

Inside was a simple inn room. "Two Beds, Small kitchen, one Bathroom, and..."

I feel all stress drain out of me as I stare at this masterpiece.

"A 70inch Plasma Wide-Screen Tv!" I hop onto my bed and turn it on.

It has everything someone would need, or atleast, everything a NEET would need. Neptune sits down on the bed next to mine. "So, does it have Netflix?"

I scroll through the list.... "Yeah, right here. Wow, they even have Crunchyroll (#NotSponsered)." Neptune puts on her 'Nepu' face and says something that would piss off even an elderly. "Does it have 3D?"

"No! That's a stupid gimmick and everyone knows it!"

(The Next day)

"So... This is the machine...?"

In only the span of one night, Noire managed to make a sharicite revival machine. Not entirely sure how it was possible, I guess Lastation has its own secrets. Noire opens the machine and the sharicite levitates over to me.

"Your sharicite should be revived now, give it a try."

I examine the sharicite, it's still dark and cold.

Noire shrugs and motions for me to continue. Neptune watches with anticipation.

I bring the sharicite to my chest, and it enters. Energy flows through me, I feel myself getting stronger. But, you know how that song and dance goes...

My body begins to hurt, the energy becomes cold. My muscles start throbbing.

My fingernails extend into sharp claws, my chest grows giving me a six-pack. Spikes rip out of my shoulders. A white flame appears around my neck, which forms into a scarf. My teeth sharpen, my white hair grows longer and gains red highlights. The usual CPU skin suit appears, but the chest is open and the highlights are blood red. Silver Rings appear around my wrists, which extend out into four spiked points on the ends. My bone rod converts into a scythe, the top in the shape of a skull, with the sharp razor coming out of the back.

I open my eyes, which were replaced with black eyes with red pupils. My vision is blood red. I turn to Neptune and Noire, who seemed to be afraid of me.

My body moved without me, I lunged at Noire, violently slashing at her.

Noire activated HDD and slashed me with her sword.

I was thrown into the machine, which broke on impact. I reverted back to normal, the sounds of yelling and guards running in echoed through my head.

My vision went blurry, and I eventually passed out. "What have I done?"

End of Chapter