Fate's Dimension [Original] Ch.4: Crap Gets Done

"Thanks" Dorian grabs his clips from the transfer device, dusting them off, then putting them in a small sack by his side.

The tv seems to have vanished into thin air... I'll talk to Vulgrim about it "Alright, I'm gonna head off to Lastation. Jet-Set-Peak has some really strong enemies, I'm gonna test out my HyperVolt with the clips. Just to make sure it still works."

Dorian leaves the room and activates HDD, taking off via the balcony.

I watch as he takes off, Neptune doesn't seem like she's gonna do any work, and Nepgear is too timid to try to convince her. So I guess I'll have to do the work in their place.

I decided to go do some exploring around Planeptune to see what it's got to offer for work related business. I come across the Guild, IF showed me this place earlier. It usually has all of the quests that citizens can take. Dorian told me that the IF in his dimension worked for the Planeptune Intelligence Agency, there they had missions, which were harder quests. Upon entering, you wouldn't be able to tell what kind of place this was. You'd probably mistake it for a bar or a tavern. I approach the quest board, on said board was a list of papers that were either taped or stapled to the board. The list ranged from retrieve quests to kill quests. One quest catches my eye.

Quest: Kill Three Hraesvelgrs.

Description: Hraesvelgrs suddenly attacked our village.

We need strong warriors who can fend them off.

Reward: 1000credit

I take the quest off of the board and hand it to the receptionist. She stamps the quest and I head off.

"The village is on the edge of Virtua Forest right? That's the forest where Dorian and I met."

Utilizing a map that I got from the Basilicom, I managed to get to Virtua Forest.

"I don't know why Dorian can't read these" I arrive at the village, although, everyone has already evacuated. "Might as well finish the job" I leap to the right, as a Hraesvelgr dives towards me.

Ok this thing doesn't deserve to die im just going to get the out of this place.

"enemies just appear out of nowhere"

I raise my hand, palm down to the ground. A red ring of light appears on the ground, A black metalic Scythe rips out of the hole, the scythe has three crystals in the metal. A ruby, a sapphire, and a special mineral only exclusive to my world, Helicium. I grab the scythe by the handle and swing it around in one hand. The red crystal glows brightly, and the scythe lights on fire. My eye lights ablaze. The Hraesvelgr dives at me again, this time, I grab it's wing and slam it to the ground with the back end of the blade. The Hraesvelgr lets out a groan as it hits the ground, I lower the scythe still grasping it. I approach the Hraesvelgr. "I'm not gonna hurt you no more" I gently slide my hand across the Hraesvelgr's lower jaw, it seems calm but worried. It lets me pet it, it now seems calm. "seems as if these things can be tamed." I turn back to 2 other Hraesvelger's the sight of me being kind to the other one seems to have calmed them down "Get out of here you raskals"

"Ha!" Dorian blasts something with his HyperVolt. "Copy-paste enemies never give up, do they."

He pulls out his ZeroMagazine and clips it onto the bottom of his HyperVolt.

The HyperVolt turns Black with Red highlights. ZeroVolt is incrested on the case.

He aims it at the Bahamut and launches off 10 missiles. Blowing the thing to hell.

"Heh, seems like it still works." More Bahamuts start showing up, and Dorian rushes back into battle. The Hraesvelger's fly, away it seems like they went deep into a forest away from the village

(Later)

I enter the basilicom and from the looks of everyone else, something must have gone wrong. "Oh, Raidea, you're back" Neptune looks worried, Nepgear is pacing, and IF and Compa aren't here. "What happened?" Histoire floats into the room. "Oh Raidea, it's an emergency!"

"Calm down, what happened" Neptune activates HDD and flies off. "It's Dorian, he sent an urgent message a while ago... Something happened during his training."

Nepgear also activates HDD and takes off. "He kept saying 'They're back, they're back' and then the voice feed cut off" I call forth my scythe and leap off the balcony, landing on a nearby rooftop.

"What did he mean by 'They're back'? I need to hurry"

(End of chapter)