My valentine

FICTION

He woke up pretty late, the sun is already shining so bright outside. He sigh when he felt the absence of his lover on his bed. It's a work day for her for the whole week again. They didn't get to celebrate a proper advance valentine's day since she's too tired from work. Last night, he fetch her to her filming location, drank some wine and eat pizza on his balcony watching the stars on the sky. He gave her flowers and a designer bag. He keeps on apologizing to her saying she deserves more where she shakes her head and reassuring him his presence is enough and she's really grateful for him.

Pretty sure that they won't be able meet on his birthday. She's too tired from work, he had his own engagements and shoot and they can celebrate some other day when their schedule match.

It's sad but what can they do? They have their own responsibilities to fulfill.

Shrugging his pessimistic thoughts, he decided to get up from bed.

He went downstairs while scrolling through his phone, ignoring mostly of the messages except from his manager saying he has a shoot later afternoon.

He's about call his lover when an unfamiliar thing caught his eyes. He frowned and walks towards the dining table.

There's a large box on the table. He also saw a gift card attached on it.

He sits and gently open it.

"To my best partner, happy valentine's day! First of all, I just wanna say thank you for everything. Seriously, thank you because you didn't see me how some people looks at me. You always say that you don't deserve me when I feel like I don't deserve you. But please remember that even if the world turns its back on you, I will always be there for you. Just like what you did when everyone was throwing hate at me. Sorry for putting you in such a hard position. I really appreciate you. Not just being my partner in life, but being you. And advance happy birthday too. We'll celebrate soon. Okay? Let's just keep fighting. As long as we're together. I know everything will be alright. I miss you every day. Please take care of yourself.

I love you so much that it hurts.

Love,
YJ"

He didn't realize he was crying not until the paper gets wet. He puts back the letter on the envelope. When he stops crying, he chuckled and opened the box.

It's a set of cycling clothes and a limited edition helmet that he badly wants to buy. "Aish. This woman. Really." he whispered while smiling

"Sometimes I wonder if love is worth fighting for, but then I remembered your face. Suddenly, he's ready for war."

Just a quick update for valentines and KSH's birthday since I'll be very busy the next days. Happy heart's day, everyone! Always guard your hearts and love yourself!🌷 Thank you for reading. Keep safe and please be kind to everyone. ✨