M + A

WHERE I GOT THE PICTURES FOR THIS CHAPTER WILL BE ON MY INSTAGRAM STORY

3 weeks later:

Matteo:

"Today, on the beautiful day of June 3rd we lay one of our own to rest. She lived an amazing life but died a tragic death on May 13th we ask all of you to keep her family in your prayers." I grab onto Aurora as her casket goes down. She looks at me sending me a sympathetic smile.

Goodbye mom. 

2 hours later:

"I love you Matteo." Aurora says while playing with my hair as I lay on her stomach. I can't stand to get out of bed but today I have something to do, something my mom would have wanted me to do.

No one know that Auroras pregnant, she's almost 2 months and still no one knows, the weddings in a few weeks, I'm in a random ass safe house, and my dad is in and out of hospitals for having seizures.

The only good thing in my life right now is Aurora and this baby. I want Aurora to know just how much I love her, so today I'm proposing.

"Baby," I say looking up, "Can you go get dressed and pack a bag. I wanna take you somewhere." Her eyes beam. She doesn't really like staying in the house but she's been doing it for me.

I go into the spare bathroom and take a shower.

——

I finished up my outfit, just a white button up with the first buttons undone and black dress pants. the normal outfit.

When she comes out of the room she amazes me. I'm blown away everytime I see her. She has the slightest bump that no one will really notice unless they look.

"Where are we going?" She asks

"Where are we going?" She asks. "Rome." Is all I say as we walk down the stairs.

5 hours later:

I look over seeing Aurora sleep. I swear she is always sleep, just stay awake for 5 minutes amore. I tap her shoulder and she pops up.

Looking around you see a hotel on a very pretty beach with a nice view. It's about 7 o'clock now, still a long time to do what I need to do.

"Come on Aurora."

We make it into the hotel with our bags, we're staying for a few days. "Is that what you want to wear to the beach?" She asks me. She's always judging my outfits. "Yes ma'am." I grab her hand interlocking our fingers.

We make it to the elevator waiting area. I press a button as Aurora looks off into the sky, "That's my mom and Sofia doing that." I look at the sky seeing a beautiful mix of purple and pink. "Yeah baby" I kiss her temple holding back the rush of tears I need to let out but refuse.

Aurora has been talking about her moms lately, maybe to make me feel better, I don't know.

We get onto the elevator and go to the beach. There's some people but not a lot. "Come on." She drags me over to the water line. "Look how pretty." The waves seem to crash harder and harder as does my chest.