11/11

"Are you fucking done yet?" Matteo yells at me for the third time in the past 10 minutes.

"Matteo, shut the hell up. I'm almost done straightening my hair, 5 more
minutes." I hate when he raises his voice, it reminds me of my dad. They're both Mafia men and I don't have a gun right now, I couldn't defend myself.

That's scary to think about, he could snap at any minute. I have to be perfect all the time, I'm sure my dad wasn't an evil man his whole life. With all Matteo's been going through I don't think he'll want to be with me for much longer but I won't give up hope on us.

"Why do you have to keep straightening your hair, why can't you wear it curly?" He asks walking away snapping me out of my evil thoughts onto a new one.

That's an interesting question acually. I feel like a part of me wants to wipe away the fact that I have the same features as my mom, I think it's a way to tell myself that Matteo won't become my dad if I look absolutely perfect.

Sadly perfect to me is just like Charlotte which is pathetic.

"I don't know." I respond, easy and simple answer.  I get off the chair and walk to the bed grabbing my purse. "Are you ready?" I ask. He grabs my hand and starts the walk outside the room me following closely behind.

"We've been waiting 30 minutes and they still haven't gotten us our food." Matteo complains, "Matteo, please shut the fuck up." I whisper grabbing my tea taking a sip and looking over at him.

I see him take a picture of me trying to be sly with it, "Are you the paparazzi?" I question moving closer to him placing a hand on his thigh.

"Get home training Aurora." He laughs throwing me off. I pout for a second before I see my BLT and salad I've been craving being carried towards us along with his burger.

"Thank you!" I say smiling at the server as they put our food down. "So, Matteo are you gonna show me the picture."

"Beg." He throws back at me. Fuck, he laughs slightly as my mind blanks, "Get home training Matteo." I throw right back at him grabbing his phone. It unlocks to my face and opens right to the picture.

Looking at the picture it doesn't look like I have a bump

Looking at the picture it doesn't look like I have a bump. My bump isn't very noticeable actually, only if you really look all I can really tell is my abs are going away.

"I have a question." Matteo starts. I give him a look as I give him his phone back. "What does your tattoo mean?" I have one tattoo. It says "11".

I smile every time I think about it but I tend to cover it up because I also hate thinking about it, "My moms birthday, November 11th or 11/11. Angel numbers and she's my angel." He gives me a sincere smile.

"Do you think we could get matching tattoos?" He asks biting into his burger. "I know you like tattoos so I would definitely get one if you wanted me to but I don't really like tattoos." He looks at me confused.

"Is that why you always cover it up?" I pause for a second thinking about the reason, yeah it's because I hate tattoos but also because my dad hated them. He would beat or harrass me anytime he saw it. I also don't like to be reminded of her often. It scares me thinking that could happen to me, Matteo could snap at any second, but I'd never tell him this.

"It's partially the reason." I watch as he takes a bite of his burger immediately looking back at me impressed, "So Americans can cook?" I give him an overly dramatic shocked look.

"We all know you can't cook Aurora." When he says this the thoughts of him healing and me having to cook pop back into my head. I almost burnt the house down I think 7 times, not a lot.

"I miss Leo." I blurt out. Matteo chuckles a little. I don't know why missing my son is funny. "You miss Leo? The toddler that was kicking and screaming at you yesterday?" He makes an impressed glance, "You're a real mother Aurora." He says with the biggest smile I think he's ever had.

I like that, I like when he's happy and he's laughing he deserves it.

"C-Dog taught me a tiktok dance want to see me do it?" I contain my laughter as I nod watching him pull out his phone.

Lowly the song starts to play. He looks happy in the video and I watch his every move. "Your eyes look blue." I point out moving my head from next to his and looking at his eyes. Light brown, the prettiest eyes. "Filter." he says taking another bite into his burger.

4:50 PM:

I finally got Leo to fall asleep, it's only been about 30 minutes so I'm not complaining. The moment we walked in the door I could tell he was tired so I just brought him in the room.

I get up walking to the door looking back at Leo. He looks fine and at peace I don't think anything's going to happen.

I walk out of the room immediately seeing Char and Matteo, "Stop making fucking tiktoks oh my God." I groan. They both look over at me when it finishes. "What's wrong Aurora?" Char asks me moving away from Matteo.

"Nothings wrong. Absolutely nothing." I walk over to Matteo sitting on his lap. I'm not sure what my problem is to be honest. I just know I'm annoyed. My body that was tense before calms as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Okay guys here's the game plan for tonight." Everyone looks at her, "Whenever Leo goes to sleep for good we're going to the club before we all get too drunk, besides Aurora, we're coming home, getting changed into comfy clothes and going for a walk to look at the beautiful night sky. There will be no changes in the plan, understood?"

"Yes ma'am" Matteo says slightly moving me on his lap. He knows what he just did, he has to.

Flashbacks of last night sore into my mind and my legs immediately start hurting again. I grab Matteo hand on my waist putting it on my leg. Turning my body slightly to face him, "My legs hurt." I whine. "I bet they do." He says through a smile. I turn back around and stand up.

"What club are we going to?" I ask Charlotte going to the other side of her. "A new one that just opened. The dress code was nothing overpriced so I don't know what I'm going to wear but your outfit looks great!" She exclaims Was that an insult? I honestly can not tell with her.

"Thank you?"

Word Count: 1177

Instagram: Justalvoer_
tiktok: ihrtwattpad