Flights #22

Peyton's POV

I woke up early the next morning and had a moment of total peace. That moment in time when you're still waking up and your brain hasn't had time to remember the previous day's anxieties. I laid in bed, staring at the ray of sunlight streaming against the white sheets. Specks of dust danced around in the illumination. I turned to see Jack peacefully sleeping next to me. His skin was deeply tanned and his hair was growing long. His chiseled jaw was relaxed as he laid against the pillow. He looked so innocent and young. I smiled and brushed his hair off his forehead. But then, yesterday's worries came flooding back. Marriage. I sighed. The thought of marriage and Jack sounded wonderful. It sounded like a dream come true because I wanted every morning to be like this one, waking up next to him. I knew I had made the right choice saying yes to him, I just couldn't handle having his parents disagree. I respected them too much. I rolled back over and looked at the clock. It read 7:31 but as I turned away I noticed something sitting on the nightstand. I wiggled out of the sheets so that I was sitting up, careful not to wake Jack. I leaned over and picked up the little box. I turned it over in my hands before gently opening it. A little piece of paper laid inside that read:

I'll get you a real ring today. 

Your mom gave us her blessing. 

Love you,

J

I gasped as I read Jack's chicken scratch he called handwriting. I quickly turned over and shook him awake. 

"Jay," I shook his bare bicep, "Jay, wake up."

He stirred and slowly opened his eyes. 

"What is it?" He asked while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 

"What's this?" 

He squinted at the piece of paper in my hand before realization swept across his face. He sat up and smiled. 

"I talked to your mom, she gave us her blessing."

"As in she's okay with us getting married?" I questioned, making sure I was understanding Jack correctly. 

He nodded, a smile spreading across his face. I stared at him a moment longer before a smile spread across my face. 

"My mom gave us her blessing!" I screeched while flinging my arms around him.

Jack chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist. I was in complete shock. I never would have thought my mom would be okay with me getting married at such a young age. But having her blessing made me feel better about the marriage. I hated that the Gilinskys didn't approve but I just prayed they came around to the idea.

Jack's POV

Peyton flung her arms around me. I was relieved with her excitement. I didn't want my parents' reaction to prevent her from marrying me. I pulled her closer against me and pressed my lips to hers. She rolled over so that she was on top of me. She kissed my lips and down my neck. We laid in bed for a while, fooling around and giggling, feeling giddy about the idea we were going to get married. Eventually, Peyton got up to take a shower. I watched as she shed her clothes and walked naked to the bathroom, turning around to give me a slight smirk. I laid against the headrest, my arms behind my head. I smirked at her and gave her a wink as she walked into the bathroom. She shut the door behind her and I got lost in my thoughts. I thought about how the hell I was going to get my parents to come around to the idea and how the hell my fans were going to react. They usually had a hard time accepting who I was dating, how would they react when they found out I was getting married? Even though I was nervous about a lot of things, the one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted...needed...to marry Peyton. I ran my fingers through my long hair and hopped out of bed. Instead of worrying about other people and their reactions, I decided to spend some time with the person who mattered most to me. I walked into the steam filled bathroom and shed my clothes. I quietly opened the shower door and stepped into the water, coming up behind Peyton and wrapping my arms around her. She gasped. 

"Jay," she said. "You scared me."

I didn't say anything, rather kissed down her neck onto her shoulders, making sure to trail along the nape of her neck. I felt her breathing stutter as I placed kisses on her bare, wet, skin. 

"I love you Peyton," I cooed to her:

Her eyes were closed and she leaned back against me. I spun her around and pressed her up against the wall, having a full view of the front of her body. I began kissing down her neck to her sensitive spots, watching as her eyes rolled backwards. I continued on, showing Peyton how much I loved her with every flick of my tongue. The steam of the shower settled on our skin, her damp hair running down her shoulders. The moment was intimate and heated and I couldn't wait to have mornings like this for the rest of my life.