Part-35

Shaurya- Anokhi how are you feeling?

Anokhi- Kaisa lagega? Tumhe lagta hai Vivek abhi bhi jail mein hoga?

Shaurya- I don't know Anokhi. But I hope jail mein rehkar usse realize hua ho ki jo usne kia woh bohot galat tha. Khair! Anokhi chodo bhi. Uske baare mein mat socho.

Anokhi- Tumhe lagta hai woh mujhse fir se... Agar woh chut gya toh.

Shaurya- Anu! Never. Tumhare aas paas bhi nhi bhatkega. Anu chodo yeh sab. Chalo relax karo. Itna stress kyu Anu! Haan I know difficult to forget hai yeh sab but abhi woh tumhare paas kahi nhi aayega.

Anokhi- Hmmm.

Shaurya- Anu! Achaa game khele?

Anokhi- Ab kaunsa game?

Shaurya- Arre Chinese checkers. Yaa fir jenga.

Anokhi- Hmm. Sochne do. Chinese checkers khelenge.

They play for awhile.

Anokhi- Shaurya ab hua? Ab dinner kare?

They have dinner. Just before going to sleep.

Anokhi- Tum jo yeh choti choti koshishein kar rhe ho mujhe khush karne ke liye bohot bohot thank you. Mere liye aaj tak kisine nhi kia. Subah subah mein uske liye chai banati thi aur rose ke sath deti. Fir bhi usse koi interest nhi tha, anniversary mein. Aur tum ho ki har din ko humari pyaar ki anniversary bana dete ho. I know tum dono ko compare bhi karna galat hai. But iss rishte mein mein bohot bohot khush hoon. Isme meri wishes matter karti hai. Thanks Shaurya, mujhe ek aisi beautiful duniya dene ke liye.

Shaurya- Arre wifey! Mention not. Jaldi jaldi theekh ho jao. Fir dher sara romance karenge. No jaldi!

Anokhi gives a laugh. Over the next couple of months Anokhi was taking therapy and that was slowly helping her open up also Shaurya gradually earned her trust and Anokhi would randomly refer to her past and share her painful memories and how heartbroken she was when she was cheated in her marriage and her challenges in bringing Mimi up all alone. Shaurya would always find her courage admirable but also feel pained to know she had gone through so, so much in her life. They took baby steps to become intimate again. And they were lot of times that Anokhi would back off in last minute out of fear or due to discomfort. Shaurya was understanding. He knew she was trying her best to come out of her trauma but it was very hard process and she was obviously going to not be able to take a step forward easily. So he would never presurrise her. But a almost a year later on their wedding anniversary they were able to consumate. Anokhi was still slightly uncomfortable but atleast was able to get through. Over time, they reached a state of perfect companionship where they were each other's best friends and support system. One fine day:-

Shaurya was walking in the room when he saw Anokhi looking teary eyed at her pregnancy test. He was feeling really emotional. He was going to be a dad. This was special.
But as he was going to step inside to rejoice he saw some fear in her eyes. He saw her fiddle with it and then throw the kit in some remote corner of work bag so that he would not know. It pained him but if Anu didn't want him to know he will forget what he saw. It's ok. He trusted his Anu. If she was not happy and didn't want to be mom, he won't force her. He knew of her prior experience of bringing Mimi up all alone. So maybe Anu wanted to enjoy her life instead of focusing on another child. So he was ok with it. He walked in casually sometime later as if nothing had happened but Anu was lost. She seemed afraid. He wished he could just tell her it didn't matter. He loved her and it didn't matter if she didn't want to be mom. Being a single mom was hard on her and she had her set of fears. He wanted to tell her he understood. But he could not tell her all of this. Instead he just tried to show his love through subtle gestures just like warm hugs, deep kisses and by talking to her non stop and being as lame as one could be. But Anokhi was struggling with holding back from Shaurya that she was pregnant. She felt really guilty but also afraid. She didn't want to lose him. She didn't want him to fall out of love with her as her ex husband had fallen out with her after she got pregnant. She didn't want change. She just wanted her best buddy to never leave. She felt she could not live with out him.

Do comment. Please!!!!!!
How was it? Hope you all enjoyed. Last 2/3 chapters are left for this book to be over.