Loss-4

Shaurya and Anokhi have their meals in their room and get into bed. Shaurya hugs Anokhi. They cuddle as close as possible but still feel really sad and when at one point Anokhi's stomach comes in contact with Shaurya's hand they look at each other. Though the room is dark and one can't really see but they do see each other. They feel something inexplicable and they know that the other felt the same. They lie uneasy on the bed, waiting for the morning to begin so that they can atleast talk or do some activity rather than stay in bed.

Shaurya-Anokhi  neend nhi aa rhi. I know tumhe bhi nhi aa rhi. Let's do something naa.

Anokhi-Lets do the puzzle you bought for the baby.

Shaurya-Are you sure?

Anokhi-Yup.

They start doing the puzzle. And after a while both are asleep. Next day morning when both fail to show up for breakfast Aastha decides to go and check to find them sleeping with puzzle pieces scattered around. She is teary eyed. But was happy that they finally they found a way to mourn together the loss of their child. She picks up the pieces carefully because she knows the night was different and they might react entirely differently to the puzzle in the light of a new day.
She puts it away. Shaurya and Anokhi wake up.

Shaurya- Morning baby! Hhhhhmmmm.

Anokhi- Morning hubby.....Aastha maa aap?

Aastha-Haan uthe nhi the toh uthane aayi thi. Chalo tum dono ka favourite hai. Parathe and egg salad.

Anokhi-Yes. I so want parathe with butter aaj.

They go for breakfast.

Shaurya-Bade papa woh baat yeh thi ki mein aur Anokhi yeh soch rhe the ki ek vacation pe jaye to. To you know naa. So mujhe leave chahiye.

Tej-Putar fikar naa kar. Sab sambhal lenge. Tujhe time lena hai toh le. Waise kahan jane ka socha hai.

Shaurya-Abhi tak toh nhi koi jagah finalize ki but dekhte hai.

Anokhi-Arre koi fun jagah jana hai. How about Japan? Alag hoga kafi. Yaa phir France.

Shaurya-Lets do France. There is so much tourism to do and fun to have.

Anokhi-Theekh hai. I will get the tickets done along with accommodation.

Shaurya-Theekh hai. Karte hai aaj.

During the vacation, it was a time they spent with each other as friends. They hanged out at museums, went to art galleries, did shopping, visited bars and libraries and book stores. They almost had no sleep because whenever they would come to the hotel room they would be reminded of the vacuum. They just collapsed on the bed on day 4 and they woke up the next day morning.

Shaurya-Hey Anokhi! Anokhi!

Anokhi doesn't open her eyes. He is worried sick and gets a doctor for her.

Doctor-Oh I see. I think you may have gotten a bit over board. You know there is a hormonal change that happens and also trauma from the incident. But you went too too overboard even for a healthy person. Look at yourself. You look sick too. Take care. Just make sure she gets rest.

Shaurya-What was I doing? What was I even thinking? Oh god.

Anokhi-Thats what we were exactly doing not thinking. There we used the family to shield us and here this. We were supposed to be friends and hang out. But this is not how it is supposed to be I guess. It's supposed to be a chill vacation, looking at paintings fleetingly in Notre Dam museum not obsessing over its details so that the whole baby thing is gone. Anyways kuch bhi ho jaye we can never forget it. We are just going to get sick this way.