Part-5

He stays by her side. He could see Mimi had started to cry and before Anokhi could get down from the bed to tend to Mimi Shaurya took her away and tried to explain things to her. He explained her that mumma was a bit unwell. And he would make sure that mumma would get better. That Mimi need not have to worry. As Shaurya sat beside Anokhi, he saw Mimi stumbling around with a plate and a large bowl of water into the room. Shaurya immediately notices and before Anokhi could react or even move Shaurya rushes and helps her balance it and takes the bowl and sets it aside. He lifts Mimi up and places her beside Anokhi. Mimi was sitting beside Anokhi when she sees a cut on Anokhi near her neckline, close to her breast through the cleavage in the top.

Mimi- Anu maa yeh chot kaise lagi?
And she tries to touch it. Anokhi starts to feel awkward. Anokhi was stunned and had no idea what to say.

Shaurya- Anu maa ko chot lagi kaise yeh important thodi hai. Jisne pohonchayi usko police uncle pakad ke leke jaa chuke hai. Aapki mumma ko abhi koi nhi hurt karega. Ladoo ka promise hai.

Mimi- Ladoo, mumma ko hurt hota hai toh Mimi ko bilkul accha nhi lagta.

Shaurya- Mujhe bhi. And don't worry abhi kabhi koi unhe hurt nhi karega. Laddoo ka pinky plomish hai.

Mimi- I love you ladoo.
And she engulfs him in a hug. Shaurya could not help but tear up.

Anokhi was surprised to find there was someone like her who cherished and valued Mimi's affection, to whom Mimi was a blessing. Shaurya would make the best dad in the world. She wished she could give him such a dad. Hold on what was she thinking. Anyways! She continued to pat Mimi.

Shaurya- OK Mimi. Ab dhyaan rakhe Anu maa ka? Chalo Mimi aap Jake khelo mein hoon unnke sath.

Anokhi- Shaurya aap Mimi ke paas rho. I will manage.

Shaurya- Dikh hi rha hai. Kaise kar rhi ho tum manage. Tum chal tak nhi paa rhi thi. And god forbid behosh jaati toh.

Anokhi- Toh Mimi! I am so irresponsible. Uska kya kehta ho.

Shaurya- Woh toh hai but tumhara  kya hota? Tumhe abhi kuch din care ki zaroorat hai. Aap khuddar ho naa toh kamsekam Reema ko tumhare ghar par rukne do. Please Anokhi!

Anokhi- Achaa. Achaa baba.

Shaurya- Good. Aur abhi rest karo. Tumhe kahin dard ho rha hai. I mean agar mein tumhari kuch help kar sakta hoon. And mein plaster lata hoon laga lena ok wahan.

Anokhi- Nhi.... Mein theekh hoon.

Shaurya- Ms. Bhalla aapko sir mein dard hai naa. I will help. And he massages her head and she falls asleep. After sometime she wakes up and they have dinner. Next day morning when Reema came to meet Anokhi next day she was surprised to find Shaurya sleeping on the bed tightly cuddled into Mimi.

Reema- Anokhi yeh!

Anokhi- Kitne pyaare lag rhe hai naa. I mean Mimi pyaari lag rhi hai.

Reema- Anokhi kayi tujhe Shaurya sir se pyaar toh nhi ho gya aur unhe tujhse. Warna kaun aisa karta hai ki ruk hi jaye raat bhar. Ek minute tu theekh toh thi.

Shaurya- Nhi madam ko bukhar tha. Achaa hua ki mein issi taraf aa rha tha aur socha ek baar check kar loon ki kaisi hai. Toh! He carefully omitted information about she calling him so that she would not feel awkward. 

Reema- Achaa.

Shaurya- Chalo aaj se tumhari posting hai yahan Anokhi ke paas. Mein aur Mimi aaj bahar jayenge. Mimi has been a good girl naa so hum chalenge wonder world. Ok?

Mimi- But mumma.

Shaurya- Agli baar pakka mumma ko le jaunga ok. Chale aap ready ho jao. Chalte hai.
Shaurya and Mimi go to wonder world and after coming back neither could stop chatting about the water adventures and the roller coasters. Mimi was happy and Anokhi was happy to see Mimi happy. Anokhi recovered over time and rejoined college. Now she could easily get Mimi to the college and leave her in Shaurya's care while she attended classes. They had almost started to co parent Mimi with Anokhi always asking Shaurya for advice when it came to taking decisions for Mimi.  There was earlier no one whom she could discuss Mimi and being a mom with as all her friends were unmarried and didn't have similar life experiences.  But for some reason Shaurya would understand the mother in her. She could discuss her struggles as a mother and he would always be there to give her a hand especially during situations like exams. They were the best of friends. They had some slight feelings which would creep up but neither wanted to lose this friendship so they stuck to that. 3 years down the line Anokhi had finished college and taken up a job.
Shaurya as usual had come to meet Mimi on the weekend.