Chapter 10

"Y/n? is that you sweetheart?"

It was the first thing i heard when i stepped through the front door. I kicked off my shoes and tossed my bag in the corner like i always did before i went to the kitchen.

"Hi mom" i said softly and gave her a hug from behind where she was stirring a pan.

"How's the head? I think it looks better now."

"It barely feels any longer and the bruise has started to disappear so soon i will be like myself again" i said and walked away and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Have you spoken to Dylan today?"

"Not exactly, i saw him at school earlier."

"Yeah, i hope so, i was wondering if you knew if he was coming home tonight?"

"No idea" i mumbled and started flipping through one of the magazines lying on the table.

"Is something worrying you? You have been a little down lately."

"What? uh no, nothing special."

"Okay, but promise to tell me if there's anything."

"Sure" i muttered but raised my eyebrows when i met her worried look

"I promise!" i continued annoyed and got up from the chair.

It really wasn't anything in particular that worried me. Of course i might have been in a worse mood but that was only because my head had hurt, nothing else. Okay i was bothering thomas, but what was he up to anyway? couldn't he just leave me alone? there were a hundred other girls he could annoy so why did he choose me?

"I put the food in the fridge so just heat it up later, okay?" my mom called after me as i hurried up the stairs.

Unnecessarily hard i slammed the door to my room and threw myself on the bed. Who the hell did he think he was? Thomas the almighty? could he really not understand that not everyone in the world wanted him? yes, he was as handsome as can be but...

What? no! i thought and sat up straight in bed. Was my mind playing tricks on me? Thomas was not at all handsome, he was annoying and troublesome, nothing else!

I lay down again and stared up at the ceiling. Come on Y/n, i thought, shrugging. I wouldn't fall into that dark hole where the likes of Thomas were as good-looking as they could be. I could reach for him to look good, because he did, but it had to be enough. Falling into the gap of someone like him would only end in disaster so why put yourself through it?

But what would i do to make him understand that i didn't want to accept him? that i wasn't going to sleep with him? was the answer that simple that if i slept with him he would leave me alone? i guess that's how it worked for him but at the same time i would lose all my dignity.

Maybe i should start dating someone close to him like Jake or Will? they were his closest friends, sure, they were just really stupid  in the head as Thomas, but they weren't driving me crazy. Maybe that i would sleep with one of them so that Thomas would understand that i was not interested in him.

Again, by doing it, i would lose my dignity. Was the only solution to my problem really to have to sleep with someone other than Thomas? but somewhere inside i still wanted to be able to feel an attraction or have some kind of feeling for the person i was going to sleep with, not just do it for the sake of it.

Cat and mouse game, i thought, grimacing. Sure it could be exciting to tease a little, to get a guy to train after one, to long so much until the scrotum was about to explode. Sure, it was a bit of fun, absolutely, if you wanted that attention and were actually interested in that person. Then both would win that game in the end, right?

Maybe i should buy a dildo or end sex altogether? it had been quite a while since i had actually slept with someone. But i could say that i had met someone, maybe even gotten together with someone, that would probably make Thomas realize that i was no longer on the market.

Though surely that would be the height of humiliation? buy a dildo and pretend i have a boyfriend. Damn so tragic! No? i would simply just tell Thomas that i wasn't interested. I would cling to him and pull away until he was so tired that he would pull away himself. Guys like Thomas hated clingy and demanding girls, they always wanted everything on their terms. But if i got into that game then yes, then you didn't know what the consequences could be, i had never done anything like this before.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, i have to admit that teasing him would actually be kind of fun. As annoying as he was, the victory i would felt after what happened last time at the party made it almost worth it to get into the game.

Right now it was 2-2 between us, but i was going to win that match, no matter what it cost me.

I picked up the phone but hesitated a bit before i pulled out Thomas' text message. I will do it, i thought and took another deep breath.

Y/n 5:06 p.m
I can't stop thinking about one thing.

I put the phone down again and stared up at the ceiling. Maybe that i had just crossed the line that i so deeply hated, to be like those girls who cowered for the likes of Thomas and his gang, believing that such boys actually cared about them but in fact only saw them as toys.

But it was just a game, it wasn't real, i would never fall for someone like Thomas.

When the phone rang, i felt my stomach flutter.

Thomas 5:09 p.m
Think of what sweetie?

I couldn't hold back a laugh. Oh Thomas, that would almost be too easy, i thought and smiled.

Y/n 5:13 p.m
On you.