Chapter 29

I picked up the bottle that Thomas had just used and washed out my hair one more time. It wasn't just in protest to try and wash away the memory of him. It would never work no matter how much i rubbed. But i wouldn't regret it and i certainly wouldn't feel hurt. We've had sex. The end. No more no less.

I rinsed off one last time before walking with slightly shaky legs to the towel. Again, i couldn't be happier to be all alone in the big dressing room. It gave me a chance to collect myself. Although no one, so far, showed what had happened between me and Thomas, it felt as if a single look could reveal me. Which was completely absurd. I wouldn't tell anyone and i hoped he wouldn't either. But you never knew.

Even if he were to tell me, i could only deny everything. There was no evidence that it had actually happened and since everyone knew i hated Thomas, probably no one would really believe him. It was a good thing anyway.

I squeezed the water out of my hair and put on my clothes. Under other circumstances i sure would have spent time putting on my makeup but i'd already been gone long enough. Although the lesson after PE had probably already ended, i was not under any stress, but still.

Hopefully Eric had explained his punishment work to the other teacher so i wouldn't get an invalid absence.

I quickly stuffed the sweaty clothes into the bag and looked around one last time so i hadn't forgotten anything. I glanced into the shower and immediately a hot feeling ran through my body. PE lessons would never be the same again, i thought, shaking my head slightly.

I ran across the school yard, it was really cold outside. I hurried through the front door and stopped short to take a deep breath. Hope i wouldn't bump into Thomas any more today. We didn't have any more classes so with any luck i would be fine.

With calm steps i walked over to my locker to get my other bag. The hallway was almost completely empty so maybe Brooke had already gone home, i thought as i opened the locker.

"There you are! Where have you been?"

I looked behind the locker door in surprise and saw Brooke walking, along with my brother. Hmmm.

"Uh, cleaned the storage room" i said when they arrived at my place.

"I heard you got punishment work" Dylan said amused and i saw a red tinge spread across Brooke's cheeks.

"Well, you heard that."

"What could you have done to make Eric burn?" he continued, leaning against the cupboards as i closed the door.

"It was not my fault!" I said out loud and raised my chin.

"No? But it was still you who had to clean. Oh sister, not good for the grade."

"Idiot" i muttered glancing at Brooke who was looking at me questioningly.

"Well, what are you two doing then?" i asked to change the subject even though the last thing i wanted to hear was what they might be doing. Kind of each other. Eww!

"Nothing, just waiting for you" Brooke said getting even redder in the face.

"Okay, i'm here now so-" i started but was interrupted by a loud laugh.