Chapter 90

On Thursday morning i stood at my locker, happier than i have been in a long time, maybe ever, and looked for my math book that was probably at the bottom of the locker. I was good at math, i mean i passed but it wasn't one of my favorite subjects. Even if it was obivous, what subject did i like? nothing. As long as i managed everything i was happy. Ok, it was a bit about laziness, but not only. I was simply uninterested in school.

Just as i suspected, the math book was at the bottom of the cupboard under all the rubbish i had managed to collect. How was it possible to fit so much stuff into such a small space? i thought in surprise as i lifted a few books and papers before i managed to get the book i should have freed.

With a satisfied smile at my successful cabinet operation i slammed the cabinet shut and was close to falling backwards.

"Hey there, you are shining like sunshine today Y/n" Jake said with a smile and leaned against the lockers.

"What the hell are you doing here?" i asked confused.

"Uh, have you forgotten that we go to the same school, the same class too?" he continued with a laugh, what a good mood he was in.

"I know that, but you have your locker over there" i said shortly and nodded towards the lockers further down the corridor.

"True, but i just wanted to check on you, so everything is fine with you?" he asked with a smile that made me frown skeptically.

"It's good" i said hugging the book to my chest.

It felt strange to see and hear Jake so....so kind? or was he driving me? probably, but still. He had been angry the last few days, anyway since the trip really so why was he now suddenly nice to me? maybe he had been fucked, then you would be happy, i thought and felt myself tingle in my body.

Thomas had slept with me since monday and yes, we had slept, fucked, slept, talked, slept and fucked again. Now it was thursday and i couldn't help but yearn for the weekend no matter what happened. Hopefully we would continue to sleep with each other because during the weekend you didn't have to think about getting up early in the morning to go to school. Just think of waking up together with Thomas and knowing that he could stay in bed all day if you wanted, it couldn't get any better than that.

"Good, but i thought of one thing. You are with Thomas and he will probably come but i still wanted to ask you if you would like to come to a party at my house on friday?" Jake asked making me laugh, was he serious?

"Uh, i don't know" i replied, shrugging my shoulders.

If Thomas would go, i should go with him, right? kind of clingy? Thomas hadn't mentioned a party this weekend but if he was going there surely Dylan was going and yes, i assumed Brooke would be hanging on. It had become a thing now, our gang had become intertwined so that where one was, well, there were probably all the others.

"Come on, everyone is coming and i know you want to" he said and gave me a pasted-on charming smile, just like Thomas used to do to get all the girls. Honestly, Jake had a smile that could make any girl fall for him. Well, not me then but everyone else.

"What are you doing?" i asked suspiciously, looking around.

"What? I'm having a party and i want you to come."

"Yeah? But why? You said it yourself, i'm with Thomas so why are you doing this?" i continued waving my hand in front of his plastered smile.

"Thomas is my best friend so i guess that means we have to be best friends, isn't that how it works?"

"You are messing with me aren't you?" i said with a laugh and shook my head.

"Why would i mess with you sweetie?" he muttered, winking flirtatiously at me, oh my god!

I rolled my eyes and looked around again, of course he was messing me, typical Jake.

"I have to go, we start soon" i said shortly and took a step around him.

Jake didn't say anything more but i felt him right behind me, like i said, we were in the same class so i couldn't accuse him of following me. He was going to the same class as me so it was just a matter of biting it off.

Once inside the classroom i let out a deep sigh and swept my gaze across the desks until i saw both Thomas and Brooke.

"How long it took just to get a book" Thomas said pulling me down for a kiss before i sat down in the seat in front of him.

"I got distracted" i said and nodded towards Jake who had also entered the hall but sat a few benches away.

"What the hell did he want?" mumbled Thomas and i could see how he clenched his jaws.

"Calm down, nothing special, he was talking about a party at his house this weekend and asked if i wanted to come" i said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Me and Dylan are going" Brooke said smiling as i met her gaze.

"I could figured out" i mouthed and opened the math book.

"What did you say to him?" Thomas asked, leaning forward to fiddle with my hair, something he's started doing in class.

"Nothing, or yes, that i didn't know if i was going to his party."

"Do you want to go?" Thomas continued so i shrugged again.

Did i want to go to Jake's party? the idea didn't sound that appealing, not really, but everyone was going, so what choice did i have?

"Are you going?" i asked Thomas and turned to him.

"If you want" he replied smiling.

"What if i want to?"

"If you go, i go."

I felt my stomach flutter so i gave him a smile before leaning over the bench and kissing him.

"Please join us, it would be so much fun!" Brooke said pleadingly.

"Fine" i said and kissed Thomas again before turning around.

"Shall we do like last time? But this time we can get ready at your place, you live much closer to Jake" Brooke continued and i saw the anticipation glimmer in her eyes.

"Sure, why not" i said smiling at her.

The lesson started and as usual i was half in the lesson and half in my own thoughts somewhere else. So, everyone was going to a party at Jake's. it sure would be fun, it used to be, i thought but quickly regretted it. Party at Jake's meant you probably got too drunk or there was a fight, it used to be.

I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the lesson and it didn't take many seconds before i was back in my own little world. Kylie and Lizzy would probably go to the party too, i mean, why wouldn't they? all week i had done everything to avoid Kylie and had succeeded very well. A few times i had bumped into her but not said a word, neither had she so maybe it had worked out now after all. Maybe that she had moved on.

Although it was obivous, here at school other girls mad looks and bitchy comments were something i couldn't avoid no matter how hard i tried, but it didn't last long. They were allowed to think what the hell they wanted because Thomas was mine, only mine and no one else's.

"Y/n? Are you with us?"

I flinched and blinked a few times, realizing that the teacher had asked me something.

"Uh, what? I mean, yes i am" i muttered and could hear muffled laughter around the hall.

"Good, then maybe you can solve this question?" the teacher continued and i could hear that even his voice sounded amused now. Did everyone mess with me today? even the teacher?

"Hm, i think i will skip it actually," i said, turning my gaze to the teacher as some laughed. Nice that you could amuse someone.

"Someone else?" the teacher continued and i let out a deep sigh.

As long as i passed i was satisfied, i told myself as i closed my eyes for a brief second. I had more important things to think about than solving impossible math question.