22

JIMIN POV

"What's this?" I ask.

"Canteloube, Songs of the Auvergne."

"This is called 'Bailero.' "

"It's lovely."

What language is it?"

"It's in old French Occitan, in fact."

"You speak French, do you understand it?" Memories of the flawless French he spoke at his parents dinner come to mind...

"Some words yes." he smiles, visibly relaxing.

"My mom had a mantra musical instrument, foreign language, martial art."

"hobi speaks Spanish, Mia and I speak French."

"hobi plays guitar, I play piano and Mia the cello."

"Wow And the martial arts?"

"hobi does Judo, Mia put her foot down at age twelve and refused." He smirks at the memory.

"I wish my mother had been that organized."

"Dr. Grace is formidable when it comes to the accomplishments of her children."

"She must be very proud of you."

"I would be."

A dark thought flashes across his face and he looks momentarily uncomfortable.

He regards me warily as if he's in uncharted territory.

"Have you decided what you'll wear this evening?"

"Or do I need to come and pick something for you?" His tone is suddenly brusque.

Whoa! He sounds angry.

Why?

What have I said?

"Um not yet."

"Did you choose all those clothes?"

"No baby, I didn't."

"I gave a list and your size to a personal shopper at Neiman Marcus, They should fit."

"Just so that you know, I have ordered additional security for this evening and the next few days,with Leila unpredictable and unaccounted for somewhere on the streets of Seattle, I think it's a wise precaution."

"I don't want you going out unac-companied. Okay?"

I blink at him. "Okay."

What happened to I-must-have-you-now Jeon?

"Good, I'm going to brief them."

"I shouldn't be long."

"They're here?"

"Yes."

Where?

Collecting his plate, he places it in the sink and disappears from the room.

What the hell was that about?

He's like several different people in one body.

Isn't that a symptom of schizophrenia?

I must Google that.

I clear my plate, wash up quickly and head back up to my bedroom carrying the park Jimin.

Back in the walk-in closet, I pull out the three long evening dresses. Now, which one?

Lying down on the bed, I gaze at my Mac, my iPad and my Blackberry.