57 (M)

JIMIN POV

"Hope all is well with Jungkook." he says casually and I know he's fishing for information but does not really want to know.

"Yeah we're cool."

Sort of and I'm moving in with him.

Though we haven't discussed a timetable.

"Love you, Dad."

"Love you too son." I hang up and check my watch.

It's only ten Because of our discussion, I am feeling strangely innervated and restless.

I shower quickly and back in the bedroom, decide to wear one of the nightdresses that Caroline Acton procured for me from Neiman Marcus.

Jungkook's always moaning about my T-shirts.

There are three.

I choose the pale pink and put it on over my head.

The fabric skims across my skin, caressing and clinging to me as it falls around my body.

It feels luxurious, the finest, thinnest satin. Holy crap.

In the mirror, I look like a 1930s movie star.

It's long,elegant and very un-me.

I grab the matching robe and decide to hunt out a book in the library.

I could read on my iPad but right now, I want the comfort and reassurance of a physical book.

I'll leave Jungkook alone.

Perhaps he'll recover his good humor once he's finished working.

There are so many books in his library, Scanning every title will take forever.

I glance occasionally at the billiard table and flush as I recall our previous evening.

I smile when I see that the ruler is still on the floor. Picking it up, I swat my palm. Ow! It stings.

Why can't I take a little more pain for my man?

Disconsolately, I place it on the desk and continue my hunt for a good read.

Most of the books are first editions.

How can he have amassed a collection like this in such a short time?

Perhaps Taylor's job description includes book buying, I settle on Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

I haven't read this for a long time, I smile as I curl up in one of the overstuffed armchairs and read the first line, Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again...

I am jostled awake as Jungkook lifts me in his arms.

"Hey." he murmurs, "you fell asleep, I couldn't find you." He nuzzles my hair.

Sleepily, I put my arms around his neck and breathe in his scent oh he smells so good as he carries me back to the bedroom.

He lays me down on the bed and covers me.

"Sleep, baby." he whispers and he presses his lips against my forehead.

I wake suddenly from a disturbing dream and am momentarily disorientated.

I find myself anxiously checking the end of the bed but there's no one there. Drifting from the great room, I hear the faint strains of a complex melody from the piano.

What time is it? I check the alarm clock it was two in the morning.

Has he come to sleep at all?

I disentangle my legs from my robe, which I'm still wearing and clamber out of bed.