93

JIMIN POV

Grace shakes her head. "I'm just glad you're back in one piece, darling."

I start to relax, resting my head against his chest.

He smells outdoorsy, slightly sweaty, of body wash, and him, the most welcome scent in the world. Tears start to trickle down my face again, tears of gratitude.

"Both engines?" Carrick says again, frowning in disbelief.

"Go figure." Jungkook shrugs and runs his hand down my back.

"Hey," he whispers.

He puts his fingers under my chin and tilts my head back.

"Stop with the crying."

I wipe my nose with the back of my hand in a most unladylike way.

"Stop with the disappearing." I sniff and his lips quirk up.

"Electrical failure that's odd, surely?" Carrick says again.

"Yes, crossed my mind, too, Dad But right now, I'd just like to go to bed and think about all that shit tomorrow."

"So the media know that the Jeon Jungkook has been found safe and well?" Tae says.

"Yes. Andrea and my PR people will deal with the media."

"Ros called her after we dropped her home."

"Yes, Andrea called me to let me know you were still alive." Carrick grins.

"I must give that woman a raise."

"Sure is late." says Jungkook.

"I think that's a hint, ladies and gentlemen, that my dear bro needs his beauty sleep."

Hobi scoffs suggestively.

Jungkook grimaces at him.

"Cary, my son is safe."

"You can take me home now."

Cary? Grace looks adoringly at her husband.

"Yes. I think we could use the sleep." Carrick replies smiling down at her.

"Stay." Jungkook offers.

"No, sweetheart, I want to get home."

"Now that I know you're safe."

Jungkook reluctantly eases me onto the couch and stands.

Grace hugs him once more, presses her head against his chest and closes her eyes, content.

He wraps his arms around her. "I was so worried, darling." she whispers.

"I'm okay, Mom."

She leans back and studies him intently while he holds her. "Yes. I think you are." she says slowly, glances at me and smiles.I flush.

We follow Carrick and Grace as they make their way to the foyer.

Behind me, I'm aware that Mia and Jih are having a heated whispered conversation but I can't hear it.

Mia is smiling shyly at jih and he's gaping at her and shaking his head.

Suddenly, she folds her arms and turns on her heel.

He rubs his forehead with one hand, obviously frustrated.

"Mom, Dad wait for me," Mia calls sullenly.

Perhaps she's as mercurial as her brother.

Tae hugs me hard. "I can tell some serious shit's been going down while I've been blissfully ignorant in Barbados."