74

Warning ⛔️ sexual assault ahead please skip this chapter if you are not comfortable 🙏🙏

JIMIN POV

Yoongi's eyes flash the darkest blue and he sneers as he casts a leering look down my body.

Fear chokes me.

What is this?

What does he want?

From somewhere deep inside and despite my dry mouth, I find the resolve and courage to squeeze out some words, my self-defense class keep-them-talking mantra circling my brain like an ethereal sentinel.

"now might not be a good time for this. Your cab is due in ten minutes and I need to give you all your documents." My voice is quiet but hoarse, betraying me.

He smiles and it's a despotic fuck-you smile that finally touches his eyes.

They glint in the fluorescent glow of the strip light above us in the drab windowless room.

He takes a step toward me, glaring at me, his eyes never leaving mine.

His pupils are dilating as I watch the black eclipsing the blue.

Oh no. My fear escalates.

"You know I had to fight with Elizabeth to give you this job..."

His voice trails off as he takes another step toward me and I step back against the dingy wall cupboards.

Keep-him-talking, keep-him-talking, keep-him-talking.

"what exactly is your problem? If you want to air your grievances, then perhaps we should ask HR to get involved."

"We could do this with Elizabeth in a more formal setting."

Where is security?

Are they in the building yet?

"We don't need HR to over-manage this situation."he sneers.

"When I hired you, I thought you would be a hard worker."

"I thought you had potential but now, I don't know."

"You've become distracted and sloppy and I wondered is it your boyfriend who's leading you astray?" He says boyfriend with chilling contempt.

"I decided to check through your e-mail account to see if I could find any clues and you know what I found? What was out of place? The only personal e-mails in your account were to your hot-shot boyfriend." He pauses, assessing my reaction.

"And I got to thinking where are the e-mails from him? There are none. Nada. Nothing. So what's going on? How come his e-mails to you aren't on our system?"

"Are you some company spy, planted in here by Jeon's organization?"

"Is that what this is?"

Holy shit, the e-mails.

Oh no. What have I said?

"what are you talking about?" I try for bewildered and I'm pretty convincing.

This conversation is not going as I expected but I don't trust him in the slightest.

Some subliminal pheromone that he is exuding has me on high alert.

This man is angry, volatile and totally unpredictable.

I try to reason with him.

"You just said that you had to persuade Elizabeth to hire me."